07 - Comfort and Cocoa

┅❁┉┉❁┅
shit I just realized i have to write a match now, and if you were wondering, Aster is based off my wp friend who plays the flute, and they are genderfluid, so im going to use they/them pronouns for the character.
┅❁┉┉❁┅

Shiratorizawa had taken the first set. It was clear to me that stopping Ushiwaka's spikes was going to be difficult for the team. 

I could see the boys getting down... oh who am i kidding, I'm on the verge of tears. 

I hated to see the team like this. It was the same as the Inter High Prelims against Seijoh.

Slowly, I placed my trumpet down. They had a 10 minute break before the next set started. The band looked at me, worried.

"Y/N, are you ok?" Aster placed their hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I sniffled. 

"I'll take the band for now. You rest. You're not in a good state to be leading." They gave me a weak smile and walked away.

I pulled out my phone to see if any of my non-existent friends had messaged me.

Sakusa
10:13 AM - Monday, June 12th

hey

im in class stupid

um

what

when do you have a break?

break is in 10 minutes
why

...
can i maybe....
call you?

why

not feeling too good

....
fine

thanks :)

sure

┅❁┉┉❁┅

A small grin washed over my face.

Thank you Sakusa

The second set was about to start. Aster wanted me to sit out for a bit to cool off. So here I was, huddled in a tiny ball on the side of the stands.

10 minutes later I felt my phone vibrate.

Sakusa
10:23 AM - Monday, June 12th

hey idiot
....
just pick up the damn phone

incoming call from Sakusa

"Hello?"

I felt my cheeks heating up. Out of all possible voices I imagined, this hot one was not what I expected.

"H-hi."

"So what do you need?"

I gulped, ready to tell the whole story.

"Well see, we kinda...lost the first set.."

┅❁┉┉❁┅

"Are you ok?"

Those were the words he asked me. Not some snarky remark about losing.

This time, it felt like he was caring about me.

"Sakusa, I know I annoy you a lot, but... thank you."

He hummed in response.

"Your break is probably over." I muttered awkwardly.

"Yeah I should go."

Before I could even say goodbye, I heard the phone click on the other side.

"Gee thanks Sakus-"

Sakusa
10:40 AM - Monday, June 12th

Sakusa10:40 AM - Monday, June 12th

AWWW
SAKUSAAAAA

whatever

┅❁┉┉❁┅

My mood lifted and I motioned for Aster to put me back into the cheer team. 

"You ok Y/N?"

I put on a confident smile and picked up my trumpet. 

"I'm doing great."

┅❁┉┉❁┅

Karasuno ended up getting the second set, which we were extremely ecstatic about.

I nearly screamed out of pure joy, Aster holding me back from jumping off the stands to reach the team.

"Y/N- let's go out here for a bit." Aster laughed nervously as they dragged me out the door.

"BUT THEY NEED US TO CHEER FOR THEM-"

"Let's get some coffee. We have 10 minutes." 

There was a nice little cafe on the corner called "Cafe Cocoa". A girl around our age was at the front.

"Hi, can I get one coffee with cream and..." Aster looked at me uncertain.

"I'll take a hot cocoa." 

The girl nodded and we - Aster - paid and sat down waiting for the drinks. 

Around five minutes later I heard her call out our drinks, and Aster went to grab them.

"You calm now?" They laughed while blowing on the coffee.

"Yeah, thanks Aster." 

"Now come on, we have a team to cheer for after all."

┅❁┉┉❁┅
authors notes!
┅❁┉┉❁┅
this is so bad i swear i need to edit this-
┅❁┉┉❁┅