The Biggest Baddest Family Betrayal in Human History

Trigger warnings: blood, gore, violence, and angst ahead

3rd POV No One

As Retasu awakened, the first thing she realized is that how well she could see things. Not to mention hear things. Like she could distinctly hear a eighteen-wheeler downshifting on a highway several towns over. Like she could see the dust molecules moving in the air around her, and every time she inhaled and exhaled they moved around sporadically with each respiration. (Kinda like how Bella from Twilight: Breaking Dawn awoke after her transformation) It was as if everything about her senses were turned up passed high-definition.

Retasu blinked; what happened after she lost consciousness? And more importantly, how is she still alive? She was certain that Bakugo had-

Her train of thoughts was derailed when she felt something tighten around her hand. Looking over she recognized Izuru.

Though he looked as if he had been through hell and back.

Their were dark rings under his eyes, his complexion paler than usual, his long sleek hair an oily mess, and his usual suit and tie were wrinkled beyond belief.

Izuru then began to stir slightly, blinking owlishly before lifting his head to look at Retasu. Only for his eyes to widen when he saw that she was awake, and not only that breathing.

Without a single word, they immediately embraced each other, even as Retasu winced slightly at their sudden movements.

Which made Izuru pull back slightly, his eyes concerned for her. "Are you hurt?"

Seeing no point in downplaying the details, she answered honestly. "A little."

He hugged her again, this time gently as to not agitate any wounds that were still healing.

"Thank the gods..." he murmured, his voice breaking. "I'm so sorry.... I nearly lost you... again..."

"Shhhh..." Retasu responded in kind hugging him back. "I'm not mad at you... though I do have questions..."

Izuru sighed, as if he was expecting this to happen. Then again, knowing him and what he is capable of, it wouldn't be much of a stretch.

Pulling back, he reached into his pocket and brought out a pocket mirror that Junko loaned to him for when Retasu woke up. Handing it to her, she opened it up and, understandably, was shocked to see how much she has changed, outwardly, that is.

Gone was the black/dark green hair and her matching eyes. Now her eyes are a permanent gold/amber and her hair now the color of lime. She touched her face, seeing that her trademark freckles were gone too.

Wordlessly, she turned to Izuru. "Ummm... Kura-chan... what.. exactly happened since I was.... unconscious?" Her mouth felt dry as the Sahara desert as she waited for his answer.

Izuru took a moment to choose his words wisely, so as not to scare her but he rather not candy-coat anything as that does more harm than good, something that they both agree on.

Deciding to do this the blunt way he answered with honesty.

"Long story short, you lost a great amount of blood," he began picking up one of her wrapped hands. "And you needed a transfusion.... no one else, even your mother or brother, had a compatible blood type for your blood... except me."

He swallowed thickly; Retasu nodded, encouraging him to continue.

"I... I ended up using my blood to save you..." He finished, looking down at the floor as he waited for her to yell at him.