Chapter 3

Darkness can be within and spreads to every inch that corrupts the person while some individuals can influence others with the darkness they continue to learn and train with. The person that grows the darkness from within is the dangerous one you should run away from.

Nix is one of those that has the darkness to corrupt and grow in him. The darkness is in two places than one; in the mind and for the heart of another that can be influenced with a twist of fate.

Nix looks at the reunited family with a vile smirk. He is going to use the sea dance to ask humbly and publically for Sarah's hand in marriage. No buts or ifs about it. 

He has tried the honorable way in asking the parents but since he got rejected he is now going to publically force them to accept the marriage.

Sarah will be his. Or will be better known as Cymopoleia. Queen Cymopoleia. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

"You are allowed to bring your daughter home or she can stay in the palace with me. Your decision." Nix allows the parents to choose. Can't make the same mistakes as before.

As much as he wants Sarah to stay in his castle under his surveillance, he has to show the parents he had changed. The last time the two royals and he spoke, he was not taking no for an answer. 

He continued to insist for the parents accept the marriage deal he gave to them. Instead of answering, they left to bring his mate to the land and live her life unaware of the sea. 

That day is when all of the ocean creatures feared their king. His anger got the earth to shake near the Californian coast causing a flood to sweep half the homes. 

He also summoned three water tornadoes with the wind and tide to sweep near the coast of Africa. Nobody dared to cross the king or deny what he wanted. If they did, Nix rips their throat out with his teeth or claws. Those are his nice days. 

This time, he is going to keep a leveled head and play a fair game with a few cheating cards up his sleeve. He will allow the parents time with their daughter after so many years away then at the ball, he is going to take what he always wanted.

No merman or mermaid is going to stop him. Not this time and if they object then they will lose their life or if he feels like torturing them, ask the guards to place the rogues into the dungeon for the king's pleasure. 

It is a perfect plan but it must go slow, especially with his future queen. Sarah's mind is still with the land knowledge and her unawareness of the water rules and ranking, he can use that to his advantage. She shall be his lovely and obedient pet.

"We will take our daughter home, your majesty." Nix's gaze reverts to kind interest, losing his smirk as the allied king turns to nod at him.

"Very well. Do have her prepared for the sea dance, want her to be welcomed by the entire kingdom along with yours. Must celebrate that she has arrived back home safe and sound." Nix explains with his right arm behind him in a regal stance he was taught since he was a merboy.

"Home. Thank you Kar-Nix-uh...your majesty." Nix chuckles at the girl. She is unsure what to refer him to just yet.

"You can call me Nix, love. Even in public, you can call me Nix. After all, we are friends... I hope." Nix winks his right eye. Sarah turns her head down avoiding his gaze which brings a smirk to his face.

"We will be going then, your majesty. Must begin her training." the queen speaks for the first time during the time she has been in the room. She wraps an arm around her daughter's shoulder.

"Indeed. And no mistakes this time." He gives the two ally royals a warning glare. He is no longer going to play nice with them as they refused what he wanted years ago for the first time. They only have one more shot to obey or else.

"Yes, your majesty, we shall prepare her for everything there is to know of our world and kingdoms." the old male is next to speak up.

A final nod and the two royals and their daughters leave. Nix sits on my throne and raises a hand to his chin pondering over all that can be in the future with Sarah as his queen.

'Soon you will see the real me and I am not one you should try to escape from.'

*Wow, didn't know the king has a dark side. Are Sarah's parents aware of the darker change in him?

Comment and read on to find out.

Follow, vote, comment and read on my lovelies. =)*