5

I'm nervous, anyone on their first day of placement would be, a real hospital, with real patients, it's scary. But a good scary, ever since I was younger I'd always wanted to be a doctor.

'Alright everyone, welcome to the paediatric ward, you will spend some time on A&E this week and swap next week onto acute admissions and more specific units to give you a true feel for the hospital and it's departments' all of the students nod, there are only a handful of us here, of about 5 with other people on other wards or other hospitals.

'I'm Dr Kim and I'm the lead of this unit, I'll be giving you your patients, Mr Lee' she says I look up from where I was reading some to note about the ward 'you'll be working with Dr Shin on Yuna, nausea and headaches brought in about 20 minutes ago history of anxiety and these symptoms before' I nod my head and walk over to who I assume Dr Shin is, a women of to the side smiling at me 'I'm Ryujin' she says 'Minho' I reply 'Yuna is here quite often she has a problem with her stomach' I nod my head and write it down.

'Yuna stop being ridiculous you are a girl why would you want us to call you they' is the comment we walk in on, I look down being uncomfortable with the comment 'can you believe it Dr, it's like an epidemic' the man who I assume is their father says 'I think if it doesn't affect me people can be who they want' Ryujin says, I nod in agreement 'what about you miss' he says looking at me. That feels awful, I've not been addressed by that in years, I feel like crying or throwing up 'Mr Lee is just starting placement so needs to learn and do his job if you don't mind' Ryujin says, I blink away the tears forming I my eyes.

'Thank you' I say to her as she begins to take her details and symptoms, I feel awkward, more so with the man stealing at me.

'Can I talk to you' Ryujin says after we walk out on the way to the staff room, we sent Yuna off with some antibiotics, finding out they just had a stomach bug. 'Sure' I say as we sat down, I still feel awful about Yuma's dad said to them and unknowingly said to me.

'Why did you react like that' Ryujin asks me, I shrug 'Minho' she says more gentle 'are you trans' she asks, my eyes well up and I shake my head like my reaction didn't give it away 'it's alright, I won't say anything' she places her hand on top of mine and stokes it 'your alright' she says pulling me into a hug 'your safe' she says as she strokes my hair, ima till sobbing, but having someone know feels good, I feel as though I can talk to Ryujin, what about my friends?

Third update today, I also slightly changed the covers for my other books, just to have the tiles on them.
I might start asking some questions at the end to know more about my readers. What is your favourite movie?