Esther's Grimoire

y/n POV: 

We pulled out of the driveway and headed to Mystic Falls. We had been on the road in awkward silence until we reached the 'Now Exciting New Orleans' sign. "I'm going to call Stephan." I said while pulling my phone out of my pocket. Klaus grabbed my wrist and he was pulled into my thoughts. 

I let out an excruciating scream and blood streamed out his eyes, mouth, and nose. I saw him body slump on the ground. My eyes were filling with tears. I was pulled out of my thoughts when Klaus let go of my wrist.

We made awkward eye contact for a moment and we both looked away. "Is that how you triggered the curse?" Klaus asked "Yes." I said while looking at the dark night sky. 

"We should probably stop for the night." Klaus said while pulling into a small motel. "Ok." I replied.

We walked in and went to the front desk Klaus leaned on the desk and asked for a room with two beds. "I'm sorry sir but there aren't any rooms with two beds available, we have one room open and it only has one bed." The women on the front desk said.

Klaus leaned in closer to the woman and compelled her saying "Get us a room with two beds." "I'm sorry sir I cannot do that I only have one room open." she said sternly. Klaus turned to me and I shrugged. 

He held out his hand and the lady handed him the key. "Down the hall on the right." She said with her back turned. We walked down the hall until we got to room '103' Klaus unlocked it with a click and we got inside to see one queen bed. 

I set down my duffel bag and picked out a pair of shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I went into the small bathroom and put on my sleep outfit. I went back out to see Klaus shirtless, he had toned abs and tattoos. I looked down and went to my duffel and grabbed my tooth brush and tooth paste. I went back into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. 

 I went back into the room and Klaus laid in the bed still shirtless. I laid down and used one of the pillows and put it between us. I turned to face the wall so it wouldn't be awkward. I shut my eyes until I finally fell asleep.

****time skip to morning****

I woke up in a strong hold. Klaus' arms were wrapped around my waist. My eyes widen and I don't move because I don't want to wake him it would make everything awkward, so I close my eyes and pretend that I'm sleeping until he wakes up.

He groans and realizes what he was doing and pulls him arms away. I wait a few minutes before I fake wake up. I check my GPS and saw we still have 7 hours to drive. I get up at walk to the bathroom and get dressed.  

Once I finish getting ready Klaus is sitting in a lounge chair in the room read what looked like a grimoire. "What do you plan on using that for?" I asked "It's my mother's I'm sure it will come in handy some time." he said while glancing at me.

"You ready?" I asked while grabbing my duffel bag. "Yeah." Klaus said while closing the book and gathering his things. Klaus held the door for me and I went out and he followed behind me and he handed the front desk worker our room key.

We walked into the parking lot and we threw our things into the back. We got in the front and we started driving to Mystic Falls. 

Nothing really happened on the drive down just awkward silence and lots of gas station stops.

*********Time skip to Mystic Falls*********

We arrived to the Salvatore mansion where Stephan was sitting in one of the leather chairs. Klaus had the Grimoire in his left hand. Stephan stood up. He gave me a hug and shook Klaus' hand "Damon they're here." Stephan yelled

Damon came down the stairs with blood smeared on his chin. I rolled my eyes at his messy face. "Hey, sis." he greeted me. "Hey.'' I replied.

"Here is Esther's grimoire." Klaus said handing the grimoire to Stephan. Stephan flipped through the pages with a confused look on his face. "You're not going to understand it." I said and he looked up and handed it to me. 

I flipped through the advanced spells. "Boundary spells, Sunlight ring, protection spells, what exactly are you looking for?" I asked "We aren't looking for a specific spell we just needed someone to decipher the spells." Klaus informed me. "Why?" I ask  "We need to be three steps ahead."

"Bourbon?" Damon asked while pouring himself a glass "Sure." Klaus said. I grabbed myself a glass and filled it to the middle. I downed it and poured another, and then another and then other. Damon went to bed while Klaus and I drank until three bottles was empty.

I got up and stumbled Klaus got up and tried to help me but obviously we both tripped. We giggled as he landed on top of me. He kissed me and butterflies obtained my stomach. Things escalated quickly.

***********************************************************************************************

Um...well uh yeah i'm sorry for the short chapter. My writing makes my uncomfy.

-Hannah<3