Father-Daughter Reunions

Alana~Grace POV

I leaned against my step-father's, Phil, car waiting for mom and Bella to separate from their endless hug 'goodbye' before taking us to the airport

I leaned against my step-father's, Phil, car waiting for mom and Bella to separate from their endless hug 'goodbye' before taking us to the airport. It has always been that way though, mom likes to coddle us and even though Bella claims to be "independent", she loves the attention that coddling brings to her. While I'm not opposed to affection, Bella & mom just don't seem to understand that affection does not equal babying, but that's  something to be discussed another time.

"Phil, we're gonna be late," I said as I looked down at my watch.

Hearing him sigh as he closed the trunk, " Guys come on, I love you both but we got a plane to catch!" That seemed to remind them of reality, thankfully. We all climbed into the car and head off to the airport.
As we stood outside to say our send offs, our mother tried to ply us to stay again, "Girls, you know you don't have to go,"
Mostly she was talking to Bella. I have no fucking qualms about living with our dad. If I had the choice, I would've been living with him all this time.
"Mom, I want to go, it'll be good for me to spend some time with Charlie,"

"You realize, you can't go calling Dad by his first name when we get there right?" I interrupted her lies. It was admirable that she was willing to brave a place she "hates" in order to give our mother back her freedom, but the amount of disrespect she shows our father is ridiculously appalling. She shoots me quick glare at my words before turning back to mom with a forced (constipated) smile.

I smiled at my mother as I gave her a hug, "Mom, we're going to be fine. Enjoy the time with Phil. Besides who's ever heard of newlyweds carting around teenagers every-freaking-where?!"

As Bella and I boarded the plane, I took a look at my sister's outfit. There's no way she's going to Washington state in JANUARY with only a T-shirt. Thank goodness I packed her a hoodie in my carry on for when we land. How the hell we're twins still eludes me; we're complete opposites in some standpoints like temperament, fashion, & attitude but, on other things like our intelligence, antisocial tendencies (more her), love of reading, hatred of drama are exactly alike.

Four hours from Arizona to Seattle, then another hour from Seattle to the small airport in Port Angeles had Bella and I safely in Washington looking out for our Dad. I handed Bella the hoodie as soon as I saw her start to shiver and she sent me a grateful smile.
"There's Charlie ," she pointed out after we grabbed our bags. There we go with the first name thing again... 😒