First Dates & First Nights

Alana~Grace POV
Saturday mornings are supposed to be peaceful, where you lay in bed and enjoy the morning as you release the stress from the week that's just finished. And yet here I am, stressed as fuck- why because my mother won't stop calling my phone- why because my pretentious twin is a brat who complains and whines everytime the world doesn't spin in the same direction as she does. Bella maybe academically superior to most  kids age but socially and emotionally she's still has her terrible twos moments.
And because of those moments, I have been woken up at 8 am - ON A SATURDAY to receive some half assed lecture from my mother about how Bella was trying to look out for me and then berating me for my singing jobs back in Phoenix and here. And obviously because I'm a ray of fucking sunshine at 8 am with no caffeine in my system, I just hung up. But if course mother-like-daughter she kept calling back demanding I grow up so I reminded her which of her children actually grew up. Just because she doesn't agree with my job doesn't mean my job wasn't useful to me, her and Bella.
Bella has never even had a job before! Why? Because my job payed everything either of us could have needed, it helped with paying the bills until Renee married Phil. Hell I bought my own fucking car and learned financial independence thanks to my fucking job! My job never stopped me from being at the top of my class, consistently on honor roll. My job never stopped me from helping my family everytime they needed me. So I cheerfully told my mother to call me back only when she got her head out of her ass and stopped playing favorites with her kids & went back to my Saturday morning.

I went down stairs to see dad at the table with a cup of coffee and the paper. I greeted him with a kiss to the cheek and a hug.
"Morning Daddy, omelettes okay for breakfast?"

"Sounds good sweetie. You excited for your first night?"
"Yeah, it hasn't been long but I miss singing you know,"
He smiles at me nodding, "it's something you love to do Squirt! I'm glad your able to do this,"
This, this is why, I love my dad soooo goddamn much.
As I finished up our omlettes to eat there was a knock at the front door.
"I'll get it Squirt," Dad walked to answer the door.

My back was turned getting the coffee when I heard a throat clear behind me and when I turn around I see my father and Jasper Hale standing in the kitchen - and I'm in kitten pajamas! My ass says MEOW - what the actual FUCK!

"I believe he's here for you Squirt," dad says with an amused grin, no doubt entertained by the cutisie but embarrassing pajamas I'm wearing. Jasper wearing a similar expression - Gods take me now.

"Actually sir, I'm here to see the both of you,"Confusion set in on my father's face but I knew what this was

Confusion set in on my father's face but I knew what this was. I had told Jasper that whoever I choose to be with would have to be approved by my dad, because my dad is one of the best men I know. Did he really take what I said to heart....

"Cheif Swan, first I want to apologise for coming over unannounced but I wanted to do this before I lose the nerve. Your daughter is by the far one of the most intelligent, loyal, kind-hearted and beautiful young women I have ever met & I know your opinion means the world to her, so I've come to ask for your permission to take her on a date today and hopefully if all goes well, I'd like for her to be my girlfriend. I know you start work tonight and I promise to have you back in time to get ready Lana, it's just lunch. So if you'll have me, I'd love to take you out,"