The Fuck is Up with Edward

Alana~Grace POV

Okay so speaking objectively, this has been a pretty epic first day. I met a super cute boy- no gentleman- because he is definitely all man! Then through said gentleman, I met some new friends of both genders. I can't remember the last time I actually got along well with females my own age besides Bella. They're usually so damn whiny!
Jasper had kept up the habit from this morning of walking me to every class and now that the day is over he says it's only right that he walks me to the office and my car. I believe his exact words were, "No real man worth a damn would walk away from a chance to spend extra time with you darlin,"
I was only able to stay standing through sheer force of will dammit..... I almost swooned, especially when the southern drawl creeped out. Just delicious, I could devour him whole if he'd let me 🤤

As we approached the office I was getting kind of sad as it meant my time with Jasper for the day was coming to the end. I'd gotten so comfortable with him, even so far as to allow him to wrap his arm around me everytime we walked through the halls. It felt natural to me, just as natural as my encompassing attraction to him as a whole. The amount of affection I have for Jasper Hale should be concerning, but I'm a sensible person; I don't make irrational decisions & my intuition has never failed me! So I know I am well within my right to say that Jasper Hale feels important too me, and judging by the look in his golden eyes-he had those same feelings.

Before I could open the office door, it swung open violently, almost hitting me in the face. Luckily, Jasper's hand shot out to stop it, making a loud this echo through the hall.

"You alright Lana?" Jasper questioned. I waved him off grabbing his hand to check for bruising.

"Forget me, that sounded like it hurt, how's your hand?" He chuckled and let me look for a few more seconds, before interlocking our fingers together.
"Believe me sweetheart, it'd take a lot more than a door to bring me down,"

"Don't play tough, that sounded harsh & that door is heavy. What if you cracked a metacarpal in your wrist,"

As he chuckled at my concern, I contorted my face to express my annoyance. "Sweetheart don't pout like that, it too precious for words. If it makes you feel better, I'll have Carlisle check out my hand at home tonight, okay," and I nodded at his concession.

Finally looking away from each other, I can see who caused this mess in the first place still standing in the doorway - Edward Cullen, the only one of Jasper's siblings to avoid speaking to me. Not from of trying believe me, he just never answered me at lunch, kind of bummed me out since Jasper told me about his piano skills. But nevertheless this is a different scenario; you'd think he'd at least apologise for the incident that just happened.

"Edward! What the hell, you could hurt someone,"

"Whatever," he muttered as he practically flew down the hallway to the parking lot. What the fuck, I was beginning to see what Jasper meant about Edward being spoiled and uppity. I wanted to confront him but out of the corner of my eye, I could see Bella looking out the office window at a retreating Edward; she looked scared and hurt. Oh hell no, did that asshole do something to my sister???!!!!

Jasper caught my attention, "I'm gonna go see what's got his ass all riled up but, can I call you tonight sweetheart?"

"I'd like that. And thank you for making my day, you really are something else Jasper Hale," I leaned up to kiss his cheek before entering the office.

He stood there smiling and winked at me before walking off.
Now I gotta have a conversation with Bella.

"Hey are you okay? You look paler than usual Bells. What the hell was Edward acting so wierd about? Did he do something to you?" I released a rapid fire of questions.