twenty-one

December 11th

"what? already? i'm so proud of you baby!" Doyoung squealed and hugged Jungwoo tightly

The younger giggled and wrapped his arms around Doyoung's waist. Taeyong was just standing behind the counter, glaring at the couple.

"yeah, to be honest i was surprised when mr.Lee called me this morning and asked me to work today" Jungwoo said after letting go of Doyoung "but i'm glad, now i don't have to just binge watch k-dramas all day"

Doyoung showed him a bright smile "we still have some time before opening, let's go"

After that, he took Jungwoo's hand and dragged him into the backroom. Taeyong sighed and leaned on the counter. He didn't even want to know what the two were probably doing right now. He was annoyed because the couple kept acting all lovey-dovey in front of him.

Like yesterday. Taeyong and Doyoung were serving some customers when Jungwoo walked in. Doyoung immediately went to his boyfriend and hugged him, smiling widely.

Taeyong didn't know why he was so pissed off every time he saw Jungwoo. He just didn't like the younger. And the fact that Doyoung had been ignoring him ever since the two of them started dating.

Every time Taeyong talked to him, Doyoung was zoning out and then suddenly he'd snap out of his thoughts and giggle. At first, the older found it cute. But then he realized that Doyoung was probably thinking about Jungwoo every time that happened. Now Taeyong just found it annoying.

Overall, Taeyong and Doyoung's relationship had changed in just a few days. They didn't even text each other anymore like they used to. Taeyong felt like he didn't even exist to the younger anymore.

He felt like he had lost Doyoung completely.

Meanwhile, Doyoung and Jungwoo were just sitting on the couch in silence. It was really weird.

"Doyoung, do you really want to do this?" Jungwoo asked and the older gulped

"i have to. just a few weeks, i think that'll be enough"

Jungwoo sighed and leaned his head back "you know, stuff like this can really mess with your head. is it really worth it?"

"yes, i promise i'll be okay. as long as you are"

"i'm fine. but why are you doing this?"

"it's a long story" Doyoung mumbled "but Taeyong hurt me, i need to show him that i'm strong. stronger than he thinks"

7pm

Taeyong groaned and threw himself on the couch. He'd finally got home. Seulgi was still aboard and Taeyong was really starting to feel lonely.

He sighed and took his phone out. He needed something to relieve his stress. And that would be alcohol.

Taeyong:
Hey
Let's go clubbing

Jaehyun:
Wow it's been so long
But sure
I'll pick you up at 9

Taeyong:
Thanks dude
See ya

So, at 8pm Taeyong was waiting at a bus stop for Jaehyun to pick him up. The two of them had been friends for years now. They met at a bar back when Jaehyun had just broken up with his ex girlfriend. Taeyong comforted him and they drank together, ended up being really good friends.

They used to hang out a lot but when Taeyong started dating and Jaehyun's mom fell sick, they didn't have a lot of time to do so. Nowadays they hung out rarely and usually it was when Taeyong or Jaehyun was having problems with something so they went to drink and talk together.

Soon, a white car stopped next to Taeyong and the window rolled down. Jaehyun had a grin on his face as he saw his old friend.

"hey bro, get in" he said and Taeyong did that

10pm

"now, tell me what's wrong" Jaehyun said as Taeyong took another shot of alcohol

Both of them were already kind of tipsy but that was the whole point. Taeyong only opened up when he was drinking or in love.

"i don't even know" Taeyong sighed "a lot of stuff"

"okay, let's start with Seulgi. are you guys fighting again?"

"kind of, yeah. she's aboard with her family right now because she said she needs time to think about our relationship and herself. she said she's falling out of love" Taeyong explained, staring at the empty shot glass in his hand

"damn, again? didn't she do the same thing like a few years ago?"

"yes, that's why i'm pretty sure she's just too stressed. but of course i'm still worried"

Jaehyun nodded "now then, what else is going on?"

"i think i'm going crazy. i kind of had this sex relationship with a guy from work and now everything's messed up"

"wait, what? you cheated on Seulgi?" Jaehyun asked and Taeyong gulped

"yes and i regret it. things just.. happened. we had sex like three times"

"hmm, okay. well what's the problem? did someone find out?"

Taeyong took gulped down another shot and waited for a while before talking again. He wasn't ready for this conversation but he knew it had to be done.

"that's not it. but things are really weird right now. basically, we kind of had this bond, you know? we became pretty close but now he has a boyfriend and i feel annoyed"

Jaehyun raised an eyebrow "are you jealous? did you fall for the guy?"

"i-i'm not sure what it is. it might be jealousy or something else but every time i see them together something burns inside of me. and not in a good way. it feels wrong to see Doyoung acting like that with another guy" Taeyong said and Jaehyun patted him on the shoulder

"dude, you're jealous as fuck. but do you think you like him or not?"

"maybe i do"

"do you think he likes you?"

Taeyong furrowed his eyebrows "why the hell would he date someone else if he likes me?"

"you have a girlfriend" Jaehyun said and rolled his eyes

"oh.. right. but still, why didn't he even confess to me if he does like me?"

"well maybe he tried to give you signs but you just didn't realize it. or maybe he's scared? i mean usually in sex relationships you're not supposed to catch feelings, right?"

Taeyong felt like his heart dropped. He was finally realizing the mistake he had made. And that mistake was Doyoung.

Taeyong stood up and was about to leave but Jaehyun grabbed his arm.

"where are you going?" he asked and the older looked at him with wide eyes

"i have to see him"

- dang i don't even know where this story is going myself
anyways thank y'all so much for supporting this book omg ily all <33
updating a lot bc y'all make me so motivated mwah