Chapter Twenty Five - Yellow

The street is dark, only lit by a few dim street lamps. Although it is the height of summer Victoria feels cold, it's probably the fear burning away inside her into doing her any favours. She has to be brave though, she does this and it's one hundred pounds she earns, easy money.

She stops for a moment, standing out the house that she'll deliver the gear to. The front garden is overgrown and the driveway covered in broken slabs and sprouting with weeds. Stepping up to the front door she takes a deep breath, and taps on the glass.

It feels like an age she has to wait. Finally someone behind the door beings to fumble with the locks and the door creeks slowly open before the door chain stops its movement.

"Who is it?" A male voice says from behind the door. A voice Victoria can only describe politely as a common one.

"I've got some stuff for you." Victoria says, not wanting to mention her name or reveal who she is.

The door then shuts momentarily whilst the voice takes the chain off the door. Then it opens again and the voice is given a body to go with it. It's a man of course, probably in his late forties, wearing a horrible white t-shirt covered in yellow stains. Yellow stains that almost match the colour of his teeth from smoking to many cigarettes.

"Give it me then." He says, Victoria begins to undo her bag and get the drugs out, her hands trembling.

"Hurry up!" The man barks, making her jump and hastily hand him over the drugs.

"Now piss off!" He hisses. "The ginger one was quicker than you."

With that he slams the door in her face, Victoria brushes her hands together, a job somewhat well done. She quickly walks out of the housing estate, a smile on her face, that was rather simple.