#21........DANCE WITH ME????

Hey ya guys....

Hope you all are safe and sound.

These days my mind has been too unsettled and I can't say how much writing gave me a escape, although temporary. It felt so nice.

So not blabbering anymore, I present you this fresh piece.

Hope you will connect with it. Do drop your views in case you do feel the connection.

I would love to listen your take on this.

As usual, do ignore typos & grammatical errors. I will edit everything at once later on.

So enjoy the ride filled with Arjun-Radhika.

Radhika's POV .....(5 YEARS BACK)......

"Neil???"....

Eyes wide, i held my breath for reasons unknown. For a moment or two i just looked at him...shocked? He sat there looking at ease and carefree. One of his hand held a glass of wine? His wrist rotating the glass in circles...with his finger moving over the rim clock and anti-clockwise. His eyes focussed on the glass, not for a fraction did he look up. Anyone seeing him now may consider his actions casual or may be unmindful but I felt there was more to it, a lot more. The precise moment i felt as if...as if someone called me or as if a gaze directed at me. I looked around the hall, my eyes moving from dim lit corners to lively dance floor but nothing caught my eyes. Averting my gaze....I looked at my fingers & whispered "Hi". The voice came out a little guilty? why...I wasn't sure. Without batting an eye Neil responded as casually

"oh!...Hi...".

Unintentionally gulping softly I continued "H...How are you , Neil?".

He at once looked up at me & smiled, the very smile that didn't reach his eyes and muttered "hmm". Saying this he gulped a mouthful of his drink, not once looking at me. At once my eyes moved to his face and i muttered "You are angry with me....r..right?". He just chuckled.

"Why doesn't anyone see it all from my side? I...It was all too much to take Neil. I...I never even in my dreams thought that i would ever go through all this. H..He destroyed my dad, his business, all that he accumulated through years of hard work is gone in a flash. A..and at that moment I...i thought he ...he harmed my dad p..physically thats why i h...held that gun. My mind was a mess Neil, first all thats been happening around me, I don't even know bits of it. People have been regarding me as an object and hurting me as they wish. There was too much to even understand, his anger, his revenge, his words and....and his actions, everything made me crazy. To add up even the marr......I mean ...I mean " with a defeated sigh I again looked at him. This time his eyes lifted up to meet mine. an unknown fire blazed in them as if saying and understanding unsaid words. For a moment his hands stopped, even his breathing felt almost shallow. His form went stiff as soon as i stopped. His eyes piercing mine with an unknown darkness enveloped in warmth? As if he knew much more than what my words conveyed. H...he didn't knew about the m..marriage, r...right? In a breath my heartbeats shot up. Unconsciously my fingers went to the mangalsutra(wedding chain) over my saree. Without thinking i caressed it lightly, subtly clutching it in my palms as if cherishing the same. As if hiding it, protecting it even from the air I breathed. Again i felt as if something ...as if someone watching me. Abruptly looking around, i couldn't spot anything. Turning I looked at Neil and my breath almost as if stuck in my neck. His eyes...it followed every action of mine and sharpened if it was even possible. His eyes then looked at my saree with almost a frown. In a breath his eyes again met mine as if he just got to know something....something big ? His eyes almost turned blank and there I saw something raw, something unexplainable with unknown warmth? Before i could ponder more, he at once looked away without so much as a word.