Chapter 2 ~unexpected Deal~

~Your PoV~ 

 You look at the entries with wide eyes. Didn't Deus say that the owners of a diary wrote the entries themselves, and you can only read them now in advance because he interfered with causality? Then why the hell is your future self planning to steal a gun? 

 And once again, you had no idea what you were even doing when you hid your bag behind a trash can and sneaked up behind the cops with your future diary in your jacket pocket. But if it's in your diary, then it must have some meaning.

And it was actually child's play to snatch the gun from him. In the blink of an eye, you had it in your hands. It was almost too easy. In your mind, you made a note to send an anonymous tip to the police station, telling them to train their officers better.

You sneak into the schoolyard and hide behind a bush. You had no idea what you were doing and the best thing to do would have been to follow Inspector Kurusu's orders, but your curiosity drove you to do it. You wanted to know what was going on and if this was a situation involving diary owners, then as number 13 you had the right to know what was going on.

You see Kosaka and another classmate of yours drag Amano outside. They push him to the ground as he begins to cry and sob about how they can do such a thing.

05/02 12:14 [Schoolyard]
Amano-kun is under the terrorist's control. He is terrified.

05/02 12:16 [Schoolyard]
Inspector Kurusu is still confident of victory.

05/02 12:28 [Schoolyard]
The terrorist is beginning to feel uncertain.

Your entries were not very helpful. You could strangle yourself for always writing down everyone else's feelings. A little info here and there wouldn't have hurt. Instead, it just tells you to steal from some cops, which in retrospect might not have been such a good idea.

You had no clue, all you had was a gun. Deus said everyone has to use their diary to their advantage and find out the important information. Your diary predicted that you should take a gun, since there was no Dead End message, it must be that the gun will help you in some way, or you will have to help in some way.

So you do what probably no one would have done in your place. You sneak up on the terrorist and point the gun at her. Your diary says she'll be unsettled, so maybe you've unsettled her? Still, you had no idea how to use your diary properly.

"Don't move!" you command, whereupon she turns and looks at you in bewilderment. "And who are you? Another diary owner?"

When she says that, you perked up. So this was a diary owner thing after all. This was a stacked game.

"Wrong guess," you reply. You try to sound as calm as possible, but in reality, your head is about to explode. Why exactly are you doing that, again?

"And who then?"

"...I am the daughter of the eleventh diary owner," you answer, the first thing that comes to your mind. At the same moment, you regret it. Why couldn't you just say that you have no idea what she's talking about? Now you could only hope that she is not 11th or knows who 11th is.

"So 11th sent his daughter off to kill his opponents?" she laughs derisively.

You try to keep up your facade, which was harder than you thought. You picture your cocky classmate you've watched so many times and try to imitate them. "Wrong again. I have no interest in my father becoming God. He just already knows a lot about the other owners. But that's not the point. Release the students or I'll shoot!"

"Uh-huh. I thought you didn't want 11th to become God? Won't you help him by killing me?"

"What do you mean?" you ask with increasing uncertainty.

"Let's make a deal. You put that gun down and I'll release the hostage in exchange for you joining me."

"What would that do for you?" you ask her with a raised eyebrow.

"You're directly connected to 11th, which means it would be easy for you to kill him. Plus, he seems to know a lot about the other diary owners, means info for me. So you're in?" she suggests.

You weigh up your situation. You really didn't expect that. If you team up with someone, then you can participate in the game without revealing yourself as a diary owner. Besides, a team is almost always better than being alone. But then, how trustworthy is a terrorist who just blows up your school?

"So, what's your answer?" she inquires.

"Agreed," you finally respond. The pros outweigh the cons, and you didn't really have a choice, either. After all, she had had a button in her hand that could kill everyone in the building.

All of a sudden, you hear Inspector Kurusu say that Amano-kun should do it. It all happened so fast that you can't really realize it. Gasai Yuno suddenly jumped out of a window and attacked Uryuu Minene. She was able to kick Gasai off of her quickly, but at that moment, Amano-kun runs at the terrorist with a dart in his hand. An anguished scream is heard. He stabbed the dart into her eye.

"You've lost, 9th! With that injury, you can't move!" you hear Inspector Kurusu say as he approaches you.

The next thing you see is smoke bombs exploding. Someone grabs your arm and pulls you along. You had no idea what was happening. In all your confusion, you were unable to react. When you came to your senses, you were sitting on a motorcycle with the terrorist. Together with you, she disappeared.

When you are at a safe distance, she stops. She moans and groans and holds her hand in front of her injured eye. Blood ran down her face and dripped onto her white dress.

"Your eye! It needs to be taken care of right away!" you say, somewhat panicked. Of course, you know that a wanted terrorist can't just walk into the nearest hospital. "I live around here. Come with me."

You bring her to your home. Only after your panic do you realize, that that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do as well, to show another diary owner where you live. But you didn't know what else to do, either.

When you arrive at your house, you treat her wound so that it is somewhat bearable. Luckily, you once took a first aid class.

"What are you going to do now?" you finally ask her.

"The first thing we should do is introduce ourselves to each other if we're going to be working together. I am Uryuu Minene, the Ninth Diary Owner. My diary is the Escape Diary."

"My name is (L/n) (Y/n). My father is 11th, and his diary is the diary of feelings."

 "Feelings diary, huh?" she repeats, "Doesn't sound very strong."

"... It's doing its job," you respond, somewhat offended, "But what's next?"

"First, I'll have my eye taken care of," she says with a pained expression, "Then I'll come back to you. We'll discuss everything else then."

"All right," you agree.

When she leaves, you were on your own again. What a day. You could only hope that no one else overheard you falsely claiming your father as the diary owner.

30th June 2021