The Face Off

Nazli POV

Ferit took the car out without asking me anything. "I want to go meet Demet now." I said and got into the car.

We were both silent on the way. Both lost in our own thoughts. It was not my nature to judge people. In fact, I used to be annoyed with Ferit for his scepticism. He thought the worst of people. But today I am feeling angry. More at myself for thinking bad about him when he had warned me not to let Bulut meet his aunt. I believed that the child should not have to suffer because of the complicated relationships of the adults around him. When I had seen Bulut with Demet , I genuinely felt the love between the two. But today , I felt I have never been so wrong in my life. I have been partly responsible for  all these mess. Had I known their intensions before , I would have been more careful in dealing with them. I looked at Ferit and he was driving calmly concentrating on the road. I remembered the way we had met and how I started to feel something for him. How wrong I had been before when I thought he was stone hearted and calculative and thought nothing had mattered to him except money and business. " I am really sorry Ferit" I said. He looked at me sharply turning his head with question mark on his face. " I am sorry from the bottom of my heart" I continued. He looked at me again , worry clearly on his face and in a few minutes stopped the car at the curb. He cupped my face and said " Nazli! What's wrong baby?" I could no longer hold my tears and crushed him in my embrace. " I am sorry for all those times when I thought wrongly about you. If I had listened to your concerns, may be Bulut would not have to live with Demet and Hakan for all those months. I am so sorry for everything Ferit. I thought you had been unfair to me but now I have realised you were right in behaving the way you did with me. I deserved all that." 

He pulled me closer to his chest and rubbed by back trying to console me. He held me back and wiped my tears off and said " Never say that again Nazli. You were not responsible for what happened. They are unscrupulous people. I knew about them and it's my mistake that I could not stop them from their plan. Never apologise for that. And you were right , I had been quite a high-handed person in front of you at the beginning. It was all because I didn't want to lose my control in front of you. You see my love, you were the first person to break all my barriers and I was falling helplessly in love with you. I had to act that way to be away from you." He said that with a smile. With that he pulled me closer and gave a peck on my lips. I giggled back remembering our banter. " I used to get so annoyed. Did I tell you, before I met you , I thought you were a 60 year old man and I used to call you uncle Ferit."

Ferit laughed and said " Only you could have thought like that. Well frankly, even I thought you are an elderly lady because the way you cooked  I thought it couldn't have been by someone so young." I smiled back at him and remembered all those initial days of my job.

"Are you feeling better now? Do you still want to go?" He asked me. "Yes , I have to meet her and give a piece of my mind. How dare she mess with me." I felt anger surging through me again. 

" Cool my tigress, I feel sorry for Demet already." He said controlling his laughter.

After parking the car , we stormed our way inside Demet's place. Both Demet and Hakan were already outside. I went straight towards Demet. She stood up surprised seeing us marching towards them.

" How dare you Demet?" I almost shouted unable to control myself and I felt Ferit pressing his hands firmly on mine. Demet looked startled at our sudden intrusion but composed herself almost immediately and said " Hello Nazli.. Ferit, welcome , what brings you here?"

" Do you think we are fools and we will never get to know about your cheap tricks". I continued ignoring her cool demeanour. " You think you can spy on me and harm me and my family? Till now you have seen a very calm Nazli, but I have come to warn you not to mess  with me or my family or you will regret it."

" I don't understand what you mean, Nazli. What do you mean by spying on you?" She asked as though she has no clue as to what I was speaking.

" Oh come one.. lose this façade . You know very well what I am talking about." I said

" Nazli dear, without any proof you should not blame anyone. Ferit , you know how things work, please explain it to your wife. You can't just barge into someone's home and speak all nonsense." Hakan interjects with a dirty smirk on his face. Before Ferit could respond to his jibe , I took out the mobile phone which I had taken from Burak and held it towards Demet. " I think you have left this by mistake somewhere. Please take it back and make sure you don't make the same mistake again. This time I found it. May be next time the Police would need to be involved." With that I gave the device to a shocked Demet. 

"By the way Hakan , before giving advice to me , better look at your own dealings and don't you dare to forget who you are trying to challenge." Ferit said and held my hands strongly.

 " It was my mistake that I thought you would be a good aunt to Bulut. Stay away from him from now on." I warned Demet. 

" You can't stop me from meeting my nephew , my own blood." She said defiantly. " I can and I will make sure that not even your shadow reach him." I said and both Ferit and I turned to leave the place the same way we had entered leaving a shocked Demet and a fuming Hakan behind.