Meeting

You are a generic 16 year old reploid worker at Target. You are the greeter at the front door. Your least favourite job, but you are getting payed $20 hour. You are saving up for a car. You open up a magazine that reads "vogue" on the cover. You see pictures of boys and girls kissing. You had neved had a crush on anyone, and for a while you had started to worry that you never would. You then see a little girl run in. She tugs on your apron, saying

"There is a mean guy! Can you fight him?" She seems to know you are a reploid, but doesnt fully understand that not all reploids fight mavericks.

"Im sorry, sweetie." You say. "But i dont fight the mean guys. However, i can ask somebody else!" You then call the Maverick Hunters, and they come immidiately. You step outside, just to catch a small glimpse of a red reploid zooming by so quickly that your hair moves with the wind left behind. You cant see much, but you notice that he was staring at you as he was running. Your "heartrate" speeds up and you feel dizzy. Your hands are sweaty, and you cant stop smiling. Your stomach is filled with butterflies, and all you can think of are his beautiful teal eyes.

    You watch the battle go on. Shots are being fired back and forth. You remember that you were standing with a little girl. You look down, and notice she is gone! You start to panic, worrying she could be hurt. You see her right in the middle of the battle! You dont know what to do. You want to save the little girl, but you dont want to die. The person the Maverick Hunters are fighting (Vile you think? But you dont usually pay much attention to that stuff.) notices you and the little girl. He scoffs

"Hey. If you join me and Sigma, and date me, I will spare that little girl's life." You feel disgousted. On the first hand, you want to save the little girl. But you also know how much of a problem Sigma and his mavericks are. You start to break into a cold sweat. Quietly, you just walk over to the girl and grab her hand. You then stare Vile right into his face. Vile then smirks and starts to laugh.

"What does that mean? Can you not talk?"

"I can talk." You reply. "I just dont want to answer." You then take a deep breath. You pick up the little girl and carry her into the Target. You then search for her mother. After about 5 minutes of searching, the girl can go home. Then you get on the loudspeaker and make sure everybody leaves the building. Once they do, you crouch behind some shelves and grab a knife sharpener. You hold on tight.

You can hear footsteps. You peek through the shelf, and realise it is the red reploid with long blonde hair. Your face turns red, and the knife sharpener slips out of your hand, drawing attention to yourself. The Meverick Hunter then runs over to you. He smiles

"Hello, there! You were the one who helped that little girl, right?"

Flustered, you stand up and answer

"...yeah. I was."

"Well, that was very brave. Not many people would have the guts to stand up against Vile." You look down at your feet, face all red.

"...Thank... you..." You are a generally introverted person, so you have a harder time talking to him.

"My name is Zero by the way. It was nice meeting you!" He then waves and dashes off. You smile back.

"See... you..."

After he leaves, you beat yourself up for not asking for his number, or even telling him your own name.