5

FP3 had gone okay for both Lance and George with the Aston Martin driver finishing in P12 and the Williams' driver taking P17. It was now time for qualifying which would set the starting grid for tomorrow's race.

Eleanor sat down next to Sara and placed the dark green headphones over her ears as the first few cars made their way onto the track to begin the session.

The out laps were completed and the fast laps began with several drivers putting times up on the bord fighting for top spots on the grid tomorrow.

Q1 ended and George just missed the checkered flag meaning he wouldn't be able to go for another lap and would stay in P12. That meant he needed the drivers below him to put in slower times in order to go on to Q2.

Both Antonio and Esteban crossed the line and put George down to P14 meaning he was just 2 spots away from losing out on Q2. George had been nicknamed 'Mr. Saturday' over the last few races having made it to Q2 in every race so far this season.

With Mick having not drove in qualifying meaning he would start P20 and Fernando, Yuki and Nikita all stayed in the bottom five, and after Nicholas crossed the line and failed to improve his time, George secured a spot in Q2 just one spot behind Lance.

"Mr Saturday huh?" Sara teased as she listened to the commentators through her headphones causing Eleanor to laugh slightly.

"Focus on your own boyfriend please." Eleanor replied causing Sara to smile as the drivers returned to the pit lane.

Q2 was uneventful with both Lance and George not making it to Q3. Lance would start P13 tomorrow with George 2 places behind in P15.

The two girls watched as the Aston Martin returned to the pit lane and the car was brought into the garage by the mechanics.

Lance got out of his car before removing both his helmet and balaclava handing them over to his engineer who greeted him as he got out and they briefly exchanged words before Sara walked up to him.

Eleanor smiled as her brother pulled his girlfriend into a hug. The couple walked towards her as Lance zipped down his race suit and tied the sleeves around his waist.

"We're gonna head back to the hotel, are you coming or staying?" Lance questioned as he approached his sister.

"You guys go ahead, I told Charlotte I was gonna meet her after quali." Eleanor explained as she stood up and removed her headphones from her neck.

"Okay. See you later." Lance replied as he and Sara bid the dark haired girl goodbye before heading out of the garage.

Eleanor followed behind a few moments later and placed her headphones into the holder on the way out of the garage before heading for the paddock.

—————

After qualifying ended all of the drivers and their PR officers made their way towards the tv pen for post quali interviews with tv reporters and journalists.

George finished up his last interview and was left alone by his PR officer as he headed back to the Williams' motorhome in order to get changed out of his race suit and head back to the hotel to relax before the race tomorrow.