Chapter 16

(Y/n) POV)

I glance at Naruto as his eyes gleam red.

'And just like that this is getting harder.' 

Naruto: "Give Sasuke... back!" Red chakra began to coat Naruto's body.

Kabuto: "Give him back" is not the correct way of saying it, Naruto. Your reasoning is off... Sasuke came to us because he wanted to. For a man, you're too obsessed about the past. You need to resign yourself."

Sakura: "Shut it, four-eyes! You don't even know how Naruto feels. Stop acting so cold about everything!"

Orochimaru: "If you want to know about Sasuke, try forcing it out of me. If you can, that is." Naruto bursts forward denting the space on the bridge he was previously. Naruto hits Orochimaru sending him flying through the forest and away from us. I sigh as Naruto growls at the direction of where Orochimaru went. The bridge sways  as Naruto turns and glares at Kabuto.

"Well that's not very good." Yamato looks at me unamused. I turn to him and lean down next to him. "Worse comes to worse, I'll distract Naruto to give you an opening." He glances my way and nods.

Kabuto: "Naruto... you've grown considerably as a jinchuriki host." A few seconds pass and Orochimaru walks back out of the tree line. He was slightly slouched but seemed relatively fine. Well besides his face that was peeling off his face.

Orochimaru: "You're starting to become more like a jinchuriki host, aren't you... Naruto?" Orochimaru stops for a moment before he continues walking back on the bridge.

"Are we just gonna let this happen?" No response. "Well alright then."

Orochimaru: "So that's why you were chosen to keep watch over him, huh? So my experiment turned out to be somewhat useful... Konoha should be thanking me a little more for this. Don't you agree, my adorable little test subject?"

Kabuto: "Test subject? Who the hell is this person?"

Orochimaru: "It happened a long time ago when I was still in the Hidden Leaf Village. I wanted the power of the First Hokage, the only one among all shinobi who could use the wood style ninjutsu and control tailed beasts at will. I once conducted an experiment where I took some DNA information from the remains of the First Hokage and implanted genetic components from that DNA into the cells of sixty children. But their bodies violently rejected it, and they died while kicking and struggling. Around the time when I was about to give up, I ended up being tracked by another one of my experiments and had to leave the village leaving my laboratory just as it was." He removes his hand from his face revealing his healed face. "I thought all the test subjects had died, but I never thought one of them would still be alive."

"So you experienced...." I mutter and look down.

Orochimaru: "Don't look so down (Y/n), he didn't go through nowhere near as much as what I did to you." An image of syringes, vials and an operating table filled my vision as I began to hyperventilate.

Kabuto: "I see... So it looks like we'll now be able to obtain a sample from a product of old research."

Orochimaru: "More important than that... I'd like to test out how strong my Sasuke has become..." A figure begins walking up to me in my vision as he tightens the bindings around my wrist and ankles. "by having him fight against Naruto." 

Naruto: "He doesn't..." Two more tails grow out of Naruto, there are now three. "He doesn't belong to you!" I grip my vest over the spot of my heart and drop to a knee. I watch a greenish yellow liquid go into my body as I watch my body go limp a few seconds later. 

Mom: 'Calm down (Y/n).' I blink and shake my head but the image doesn't leave. Now I was tied up on a wall and being whipped and beaten. 'Calm down... momma's here.' I feel a ghostly hug warp around here. 'He won't hurt you anymore.' I finally manage to get a slight hold on my breathing. 'I promise I'll protect you.' I manage to get my breathing slightly steadier. 'It's okay (Y/n), I'll always be there for you.' Mom's voice continues to whisper to me in my head as the image slowly fades back into the regular sight of the sky and bridge, no operating tables, no syringes, no vials, no experiments.

Naruto: "Don't talk about Sasuke... in front of me... like he belongs to you!" The chakra darkens into a deeper red color that sways violently around Naruto. The air was going crazy as I let myself stand.

'Now's not the time to be freaking out about something from the past.'  The pressure from Naruto breaks the area of the bridge around him.

Orochimaru: "Interesting."

'Damn, I might have to fight Naruto like that.' Naruto roars with the slight sound of the nine tails in the background of it. Kabuto rushes Naruto with his chakra scalpel but Naruto blasts him away, sending him flying into Sakura. The others jumped back while I stayed put. The bridge began collapsing as Sakura began to slide down. Orochimaru and Naruto went off in one direction.

Yamato: "Sakura! Answer me!" Sakura began to fall as Yamato tried to hold the bridge up with a wood style ninjutsu. Sai makes a bird with his scroll and jumps off the bridge. "Sai!" Sakura falls as Sai lands on his bird. "Sai, help Sakura!" It looks like Sai is about to catch her when he turns up and flies off.

"Oh you piece of shit." I jump off and began falling toward Sakura. I wouldn't catch her in time normally so I flash to her and wrapped an arm around her. I moved her onto my back and bit into my thumb, drawing blood. "Summoning Jutsu!" I slam my hand down on the air as a poof of smoke turns into a mess of feathers as we stop in the air. "Thanks for coming Noctur."

Noctur: "Well you did call me." I smile slightly and let Sakura down on his feathers.

"Can you bring us up to land again?"

Noctur: "Of course." The massive snow owl flaps its wings and we shoot up. "Where should I land?"

"Preferably somewhere safe." He nods and we land on the ground a little ways away from the bridge. "Thanks Noctur, you can go if you want."

Noctur: "No problem kid. Make sure you come by, there's actually someone you need to meet."

"I'll keep that in mind, farewell." Noctur nods and disappears in the same puff of smoke. I flash to Yamato after putting Sakura back on my back. "What do you need me to do?"

Yamato: "I need you to watch Naruto, I'll be there as quick as I can but you might have to distract him."

"Will do." I turn and begin running before leaping across the gap of the bridge. 'It'd be foolish to flash to him with the way his is right now.' Once I land I immediately push off the ground and speed forward. It didn't take me long to reach Naruto but the sight wasn't a very nice one. Naruto skin peeled off as a blackish orb surrounded him. 'That's not good.'

Orochimaru: "This feeling...it's different from before, isn't it?" The orb began to smoke, or at least it looked like smoke. The orb bursted with the power Naruto was producing. The winds leveled the trees in the area sending me to the ground. I heard a growling roar and barely managed to see Naruto with four tails.

'Oh fuck.' Naruto roared into the air and I took a deep breath. 'Welp, I'll let father fight him for a bit, but I might have to help him. I won't do that unless it's absolutely necessary.'