Chapter 20

Bonnie Banks- 7months

•Killian Jones•

Trying to figure out what I was gon do with a baby I completely forgot Syd was still waiting in the car. This whole situation was fucked up. I can't expect her to stay wit me like having an infant is easy or sum. Taking the car seat by the top handle I walked down the block to my car. Sydney opened the door before I even got a chance to get my keys out.

"You okay?" The concern on her face was another reason I loved her. She was always checking to make sure everybody was straight.

"I'm straight."

"Who's baby is that?"

"This is Bonnie, she's Keyshia's baby." Moving to the backseat I set the car seat in behind the passenger side.

"She can still have kids?" Exactly what I was thinking.

"You'd think the drugs would affect that but nope. And she's like 38, she had me at 16."

"Did she tell you how old the baby is?"

"Yea. 7 months." I told her while struggling to get the seatbelt around the car seat properly.

"Let me do it for you." I stood back watching as Sydney slid the belt through two tiny hooks before clicking the belt in place. She stood up straight and closed the door softly. "We got this alright? Can I have a kiss?"

"You could have the heart out my chest if you needed it." We both had the same goofy ass smile.

Resting my hands on her lower back, I gave her a quick kiss. Staring into her eyes neither of us said anything for a minute. "I love you so much you don't even know."

"I know baby I love you too. Now come on she gon need her diaper changed soon. Imma ride in the backseat wit her okay?"

"Alright. Where they sell diapers this late?" It was going on 11:30. And I don't know shit about who sell baby stuff.

"For tonight we can get diapers and wipes from CVS or Walgreens. They got bottles and formula at the grocery store."

"You God sent, you know that right?" She knew cause I told her all the time. Really I just like watching her smile. My day could be terrible but coming home to her make all that bad shit fall back.

"Stop you making my face hurt."

We got to the market right as they was doing last calls. To keep it real I just followed behind Sydney. The only thing I was sure of was how to pay for anything she picked up.

"Poor baby she so sleepy." Sydney was looking at Bonnie knocked out on my shoulder. "I can't wait to go shopping for her. Okay so I got her four big bottles, one smaller, and this cute sippy cup."