Chapter 82 - "I am freeing you..."

"What happened, Nandu? Since I came back, I have found you unmindful and lost. I know you are not physically well and fit but it's not that. Anyone can tell that you are more mentally tired and unwell than physically. You can tell me, Nandu. Is it related to Manik? Did he hurt you by any means? Aren't you happy in this relationship? Please Nandu, tell me something."

Navya sounded restless and riled.

"Why are you nagging with the same question, Navu?"

Nandini jerked Navya's hand and countered. She ultimately lost her patience. Wiping off the sweat from her mouth area she continued with the same impatience and pique.

"I am fine. Nothing happened to me. Can't a person have nightmares? I was...I was studying and slept in between. Maybe because of the exam tension I had some bad dreams. That doesn't mean you will divert this trivial incident towards my married life. How can Manik be the reason for my nightmare? Am I a kid that his voice will haunt me in my sleep or I am so scared of him that I can't sleep properly?"

...............................................

"Okay, Nandu...you talk to Manik. I will come later. Bye Manik. Sorry I couldn't meet you after coming back."

She did the formality and headed to the door. Manik replied with equal courtesy,

"It's okay, Navya. We are family. We don't need to be so formal to each other."

Navya flipped to look at Manik. For the first time, Manik replied to her without any arrogance or sarcasm. She observed him minutely and uttered with a nonchalant smile,

"Not only Nandu...even you have changed. I am surprised. I think these 2 weeks brought a lot of change in this family. I wish I know the reason. Bye...see you."

She left and Nandini mumbled under her breath,

"I wish you never know the reason."

.......................................................

"You owe me for using your anger and hatred and provoke you to pounce at Aryamaan. You almost killed him and had been known as a killer if God wouldn't have saved him. Poor Aryamaan...became a pawn in this game."

He mouthed with confidence.

"And I am 100 per cent sure you did something terrible to Nandini too. But again, all credits go to me."

He kissed the bracelet and continued in a dramatic voice.

"Neither I had shown you Arya and Vibha in the dance floor and in the empty corridor nor you would have distrusted her. You owe me for creating so much trouble between you and Nandini. I won't be much surprised if she thinks to leave you forever...ha...ha...you indebted to me for all these, Manik. At last, I took my revenge. You made my sister cry and I made you cry for your love too. I promised that I will snatch Nandini from you and I think I kept that promise."

"Which promise?"

A voice startled Harshad.

.............................................

"I...I want to go abroad for further studies after my graduation."

Nandini's revelation made Manik mum for a while. Then he asked composedly,

"If you are asking for my permission then you don't need it. It's your life. You can take any decision regarding it. I will discuss it with Dad."

..............................................

"Don't you have any objection about it? I may not come back ever."

Her words jabbed his heart. He smiled at her palely and replied,

"Doesn't matter anymore. We are far away despite being near."

Nandini got down from the bed and neared him.

"You are letting me go?"

Her voice was laced with surprise. Manik met her restless eyes and indifferently replied,

"I am giving you what you wanted..I am freeing you."

Author's note: Full chapter is on Inkitt.