Chapter 117 - "It was a pleasurable meet..."

"How did you know that I am here?

She asked while sitting on the edge of the bed. Her eyes were a pool of doubts. Manik reclined comfortably and retorted,

"That's not important. You know I find out the person I need."

Before Soha could ask him more, Manik got up from the settee and walked towards her. His eyes were dark in unknown emotion.

"Looking sexy, Baby! I have never seen you in this wasted condition. You have something to fall for. Femme fatale."

He towered to her, sinking his brown orbs into her confused one.

"Heard that you are moving to the USA... forever. I don't know but... it didn't sound nice to me."

Manik's voice cracked for a second and his eyes pinned. Soha touched his chest with her palm. Manik immediately grabbed it and mouthed in a desperate tone,

"I will miss you, Soha. When you were here around me, I never felt this for you but when you are going away...it's...it's bothering me. I can't explain but....... don't go."

He pressed her hand more tightly. Soha never saw this emotion in Manik's eyes for her. Is it true? She tried to look into his eyes. Deeply.

"Manik, I...I mean there is no other choice. Dad and Bhai want to settle aboard. Whatever happened between our families; it's not easy to forget the damage. And whom should I stay for? You...you have moved on with Nandini. You never liked me...whom should I wait for?"

Soha got choked and bit her lip to control her emotion. All of a sudden, Manik pulled her up and embraced her tightly.

"I was wrong, Soha. I was so wrong. I always mistake understanding my feelings. You were always so nice to me and I was always rude to you. I don't know why I always mess up things."

.............................................

"I think you got your answer, Ms Soha Khurana. I do like tasting my enemy's defeat. But I have to admit. You did a good job...just like a professional whore. Don't worry...one copy of your good work has been sent to ACP Karmakar. Now, it's up to him whether he will call you for any service or still help you in Harshad's case. From my side, well...check the drawer. The amount will surely satisfy you. You know I never owe anyone..."

He paused for a second and then hissed out,

"Stay away from Nandini or else, this will be on every porn site. You have truly said that you don't have any choice but go abroad. So, Gooooo...unless you want me to ruin you completely. Goodbye, Soha. It was a pleasurable meet."

He cut the call and Soha knelt on the floor with a devastated heart and mind. It's truly said,

"Never challenge a Devil, Sweetheart; if you can't handle the hell."

Author's note: Read the full chapter on Inkitt.