Chapter 118 - "...my malevolent love to divine."

"What explanation you want? And is any explanation needed? The problem is solved and we all are together and happy."

He paused for a while and observed Navya's expression. Her eyes still had the urge to know the truth. Cabir also had the same urge when he asked Manik the same questions. Manik revealed how Soha was manipulating Karmakar to frame Nandini. However, he didn't reveal how he stopped Soha from interfering in their lives. Cabir knew that Manik must have taken some crooked way to save his family but sometimes our adversaries leave no better option.

"Look Navya, after a long, our family is having a good time. Nandini is safe, Dad is completely recovered, Manik and Nandini's relationship is on track and most importantly, Mom and her younger son's relationship is getting better. They are coming close once again. Now, what difference does it make that how everything happened? Whatever happened; happened for good and in future whatever will happen will also happen for good. So, relax and enjoy the phase."

Cabir continued with a content tone. For a little while, Navya kept on looking at Cabir. A teasing smile crept on her lips.

"Okay, I won't ask you anything further regarding this. But after the Enlightenment, another question came to my mind. Should I ask?"

She arched her brow and enquired with pretentious innocence. Cabir crunched his brows and said,

"Will you stop if I say no?"

Navya wobbled her head in a cute negative gesture which made Cabir laugh. He mouthed with affection,

"Ask...but I can't guarantee you a favourable answer."

Navya snuggled more to him and uttered in an adorable tone,

"You said everything is falling into place after a long time, but what about me? In fact, what about us? You said nothing about us."

.......................................

"I knew that she will fall into my trap if I give her a little chance. And I did so. I made myself the bait and she gulped it. Nandini...I...I got intimate with her and blackmailed her with our video. I have no regrets for what I did to her. She deserved this. But I regret that I cheated on you consciously. I cheated on you, Nandu."

Manik uttered the last line with a choked voice. Nandini cupped his face and slowly lifted it to look into his eyes. The room was dark. Still, they could feel the pain in each other's eyes.

"You have not cheated on me rather you trusted my trust. If you had not trusted my love then you probably couldn't have taken this step. No matter what, you will never be wrong for me again."

Nandini's voice was laced with determination. Manik uttered with hesitance,

"But, Nandini I used my body wrongly to get the things right."

"Doesn't matter to me. I love your heart, not your body, Manik. Your heart never cheats on me. Whatever you have done; it's for Me, Aliya and Dhruv. And for that, you need not to be ashamed. Remember one thing, love is pure when your mind is full of her thoughts. And I know, only I reside in your mind and heart. Let's start fresh. No past, no remorse. Only love and trust. Are you ready?"

Author's note: I know some of my readers would have criticized Manik's character for his act. But in my opinion, he did what the situation demanded. Rest, I have explained his mind in detail. The next chapter would be the last one of this story. Hope you all enjoyed the journey. Stay positive. Read the full chapter on Inkitt.