unnecessary

The next morning came with a early awakening, the sun was just peaking up over the walls but the inside was still in a cold darkness
But slowly everything was covered in a blanket of sun light and that meant everyone had to get up.
The garrisons men and woman were separated into two different floors,
The men on the one floor and the woman on the floors above, they shared these levels along with the survey corps members with Levi on one level and hanji on the other.

Most of the garrison weren't use to being woken up so early, let alone to clean.
"Who's the girl in the third bed still sleeping.....she's not from the corps so she must be one of yours, no wonder she's still asleep" Sasha nudged the garrison girl next to her, then pointed at the H/C haired girl still sleeping even tho most of them were at least slightly awake.
"Oh that's Y/N, she has a hard time falling asleep last night so just try and wake her up gently"
A taller girl with darker skin, green eyes and black hair pulled into a ponytail said to Sasha as she put on her new uniform, since the captain claimed there's to be to "used" and "not clean".
"Ahh thanks....uh I forgot your name"
"It's Sam......" She said plainly before getting up and walking out the door.

Sasha walked over to Y/N's bed, were she was happily curled into a warm ball, and lightly shook her "Y/N....ya gotta get up before the captain gets mad.......or worse we will miss breakfast, no what's even worse is if the captain sees and takes away my breakfast"
Sasha's voice started off soft but grew in volume as she began to panic about not getting food, causing Y/N to stir.
The bed creaked as she rolled over, swinging her leg over the bed bringing the covers with her.

"Mmmm......I'm up, i....m u~"
She said into a yawn, getting up from the bed, the covers fell from the bed and landed in a pile on the floor
Y/N walked towards her drawer, rubbing the sleep out of her E/C eyes.
"Oh...good! Now get dressed, I'll wait for you so you don't get lost or anything"
Y/N raises an eyebrow at this but nodded her head
"I'll only take a minute then"

Y/N stretched out her muscles and suppressed another yawn. Putting on the shirt and pants was easy but the one thing she always found difficulty with was the straps, but eventually she got them on somewhat properly then pulled on her boot and jacket.
"All right then let's go....Sasha right?"
Y/N said holding the door open for her new comrade "ya that's me, glade you remembered. But we better get going, everyone else has already left.."
She nodded and the both of them hurried towards the mess hall for a fast breakfast and then to the grand hall for orders.

It was true that by the time Y/N was ready everyone else was already gone and had gotten something to eat, so when the two got to the mess hall there was barely anything left for them to eat,
Witch Sasha found disappointing but what was even worse was that they were late.

"which way is the grand hall!" Sasha squealed as she turning left an right, her boots making a scratching noise against the concrete floor, leaving a small cloud of dust everytime she turned around
"Call down, there's no harm in being a little late....right"
Y/N said calmly, putting a hand on her shoulder and leading her the way they needed to go.
"No you don't understand, one of the captains is relentless when it come to tartness......"

Y/N began to worry herself, Sasha really was in a panic, was the captain really that scary?
No, now she remembered...... "humanity's strongest"
She softly mumbled to herself, he was the one at the trail that day when eren yeager was being prosecuted.
He was ruthless towards the boy, and appeared to have little to no sympathy for the suffering of those around him
"If it really freaks you out that much.....I guess I'll take the fall for this, I mean it was my fault after all...."
She reluctantly said truly not waiting to face punishment alone, well if there even was punishment.

Sasha beamed at this "really!" The brown haired girl said excitedly, making Y/N jump" slightly
But in the end she weakly nodded towards Sasha and gave a small smile.
The two of them were now walking down the hallway towards the group of gathered people, and it was at this point where Sasha snuck away from
Y/N and blended into the crowed unseen.

While Sasha had gone unseen, Y/N had the opposite effect
She approached cautiously hoping no one would notice her and she did make it into the crowed just in time to here what rooms they were assigned to, she wasn't one who wanted to been noticed, she would rather be a wall flower and help when it was needed.
But to her misfortune, just as she was about to leave with everyone else
She herd a unhappy voice call out and she could only guess it was directed at her "Oi, H/C....I need to speak with you"

She made a remorseful face before turning around "nice job garrison, getting on his bad side the first day..." Someone taunted as they walked past her.
Captain Levi stood infront of Y/N with his arms crossed and an eyebrow slightly raised "why are you late?" His grey eyes gazed over her "more over you look like a fucking train wreck, probably why I didn't bother remembering your name."
Levi's voice was low and ruff, it was full of strength and dominance but also had a calming effect to it at time, it was odd to her......she couldn't explain it in words but something didn't sit well with her when he talked down to her.

Y/N's lips parted slightly, trying to think of an answer that would posable get her out of trouble
"Does it speak? Or is it just gonna stand there till bugs crawl in it's mouth" his voice got more annoyed by the second, her silents was aggravating to him.
"Sorry...sir" is all she could muster up the wanting to say, even if she did explain it would only make things worse for her
"is that all you have to say" Levi gritted his teeth making a small noise that echoed in his head, Y/N cringed slightly at the sound but snapped out of it when he next spoke "clean the library, and I don't want to see your pathetic ass late again. Understood?"
Y/N nodded and quickly walked past him, avoiding his eye contact like she had been doing the entire conversation.

Her muscles screamed in agony as she continued to scrubbed the floor underneath of her. Y/N's nose was scrunched up underneath the mask she was warring, but it really didn't help suppress the smell of the mould growing on the inside wall of the library.
"This place is huge......how am I supposed to clean this room" she sighed and fell back words lying on her back. Staring at the old support beams that were scarred across the ceiling.
Y/N wasn't sure what time it was, all she new is that she had spent the whole day cleaning this god damn room.
She had missed a days worth of food and a shower, and yet Y/N was only down a third of the large library.

Her eyes began to softly close and the smell of the lemon scented soup, filled the air soothing her to the core. Y/N could have fallen asleep then and there if she wasn't startled by the sound if the rusty mettle turning of the wooden door.
The candle light was blocked by someone standing in front of her body
She softly groaned and opened one eye only to see a displeased captain Levi standing above her.
"Why the hell is it lying on the ground?" He asked referring to her as not a person but as am object, Levi stepped back enough do Y/N could get up off the soupy floors.

Her face was expressionless as he stared up at him, slowly she pulled herself off the floor, the water she was sitting on became cold on her skin and cloths.
"I have a name, and I'm just taking a break. I have been cleaning this room all day" Y/N avoided eye contact with him, looking anywhere else in the room.
"So it does speak" he said with a hint of sarcasm in his seemingly cold voice "and what might that name be"

"Y/N L/N......" She took a breath in before looking the captain right in his eyes, tho she regretted it a moment later
His eyes were cold like eyes, grey like steal mixed with a cloudy day. Even if it wasn't intentional it looked like Levi held nothing but distain for her, it looked like he was glaring daggers at her "L/N huh, I'll try and remember that....look I don't know why but for some reason you piss me off slightly more than everyone else, and for that reason I don't want you and your lazy garrison ass dragging the rest of us down.....you can't even you're straps on properly, so L/N no fucking around
I already have to deal with the rest of the garrison so I don't wanna have to deal with your shit or anyone else's....Finnish this and then get some sleep"

Levi began to walk out of the library but then stopped when he got to to hall "you missed dinner" he said plainly and threw a piece of bread in her general direction, then spun around and continued to walk down the hall
His boots clicking as he walked, that got softer and softer as he went further and further, until there was nothing left but the silents of night.
"what an ass"