Lunch

It was a beautifully quaint little place that Cruella took me to. There was foliage draped around the doorframe and the windows, small white flowers dotted within the greenery.

We were seated by the window in the corner of the cafe and I could hear the faint french music plying in the background.

"Good tea here," Cruella said to me.

I looked across at the woman sat opposite me and nodded in agreement, "It really is."

Cruella set her mug down upon the sage green, floral saucer to her left on the table, and took a short breath as if she were about to tell me something she had to prepare for.

"Y/N" she was staring at me like she wanted something.

"Yes, that just so happens to be my name, well done," I giggled at her.

"Oh shush, let me ask you something," Cruella retorted playfully.

I widened my eyes a little and stuck my neck out slightly in response, letting her know I was waiting for the question that she claimed to have prepared.

"You know I have that little fashion  exhibition in 2 weeks" she waited for my acknowledgment.

"Yes?"

She leaned her chest on the surface on the table as she reached out for my hand, which she began to stroke with her fingers, sending tingles throughout my body.

"You wouldn't possibly be able to help me out and model the designs would you?" her eyes went soft and innocent and her lips pouted at me.

"I was expecting a different sort of favour I won't lie to you," I sighed a small bit, as I turned her hand over and ran my grip up her wrists.

"You were?" she raised her brows with interest.

"Yes, but I suppose I can model for you," I accepted,"it'll be fun."

Cruella's lips were parted and I could see the white of her teeth as they contrasted with the harsh red of her lips. They looked hungry. Just what I wanted.

"Well we'll be spending a lot of quality time together then darling if I'm to fit all of my stunning designs to your... body," she slowed her words and her eyes drifted down to my chest.

"Sounds good to me," I said pulling my hands off the table and leaning back in my chair once more, teasing her with a full view of upper body curvature.

"Hmm" she released a breath and we sat there in silence for a few minutes.

She coughed through the silence and pointed to the clock at the far side of the room.

"Oh bollocks, it's nearly 3," I pulled a face.

"Let's go then my darling," Cruella stood up and held out an arm for me.

This kind of chivalry wasn't typical of Cruella. I liked this side of her I must admit. I decided she was going out of her way to entangle me her web of beautiful genius, not that I was complaining.

I linked arms with her as we left the table and exited through the door, the little gold bell dinging softly as it swung open and then closed.

We were walking fast paced down regent street, running late for a an important meeting indeed. It was a good job that she noticed the time as I surely wouldn't have thought to check.

Cruella, the wonderful woman that she is, had actually managed to get me an interview for a job working for the Baroness herself! I was beyond excited, but also nervous. Extremely nervous.

Despite spending my whole life sewing in my bedroom, it was just that - sewing in my bedroom, and I'd never actually had a proper job where people would depend on me and I'd have real responsibilities.

Of course, I might not even get the job in the first place.

"Oh god I think I might be sick," I murmured as we pushed between a couple on their bikes.

Cruella looked over at me, partly with concern, partly with her well known sense of 'suck it up'.

"Y/N you'll be absolutely fine in there, you are the most talented person I know, well besides me," she said tossing a dramatic hand up into the air.

"I was waiting for you to follow it up with that," I laughed at her self confidence verging on narcissism.

Before we knew it, we'd arrived at a gloriously large house in central london. It was the only one on the avenue, taking up a whole side of the road. It towered tall and wide, windows everywhere.

I took a few hugely deep breaths and nearly passed out as my head went lightheaded and dizzy.

Cruella steadied me and my whirling gaze came to a soft hault. The world stopped spinning as I focused on her eyes.

She grabbed my shoulders and stuck her face centimetres from my own, "You can do this, I'll be waiting here for you darling."

I stared at her for a moment after she had spoken, trying desperately to calm myself down by focusing on her face and it's features.

I glanced briefly at her lips and thought about kissing her and running inside so I didn't have to face the awkward aftermath, but ultimately I decided against it and chose to flash a nervous smile instead. I swivelled on my heel and strode deceiving confidently through the wrought iron gates. 

I could hear the sound of my heels clicking loudly upon the concrete of the steps, and on reaching the door at the top of them, I glanced back at Cruella, soaking up one last bit of pure happiness before I voluntarily gave myself up for an interview that will mentally break me.

What fun to spend a crisp autumn afternoon.