The Interview

"So why do you think you'd be suited to this job?"

The man interviewing me was tall, with dark coiffured hair. The size of his glasses frames took up nearly the entirety of his petite face as he glared down at me from behind the desk.

"Well I definitely have the skill," I began to answer the question," I've been designing since I was a mere child and well frankly-"

"But why should I hire you?" he rudely cut me off,"there are hundreds of girls just like you here today fighting for this job, what can you offer that they cannot?"

I had lost my train of thought and now I couldn't think. He seemed mildly frustrated and agitated. I was unsure of whether it was my fault or if it was just the way he was as a person. Either way, I didn't care for his attitude.

I took a breath,"I am perfect for this job."

He scoffed.

"I have immense amounts of talent in this field and I'm young, with fresh ideas and a youthful outlook on fashion and trends," I continued, paying no notice of the man,"It would honestly be silly of you not to hire me."

I sounded like Cruella. My new fiery attitude was making an appearance and it probably wasn't the best choice in this moment but it was done.

He raised his eyebrows and stared at me. No scoff or snappy remark. I shrunk back into my seat as I awaited more judgement.

"Be here at 5am on Monday morning," he said somewhat reluctantly as he passed me a business card.

I carefully slid the card out from between his fingers, standing up slowly in disbelief that he had actually hired me.

I walked out as quickly as I could so he didn't have the opportunity to change his mind.

I rushed out of the doors and through the gate to see Cruella still standing there as she said she would be. Oh how I adored her so.

She saw me and called,"How did it go darling?"

"I got it!" I screamed, flinging myself into Cruella's arms without a second thought.

Although taken aback a little by my extreme sense of enthusiasm, she rolled with the moment and hoisted my legs up around her waist as my arms wrapped around her neck.

She stumbled beneath me, and I was pushed into the fence. She leant into me hard and we stopped laughing at the exact same time. The mood had suddenly turned into something more special and real than excitement.

She looked at me with want and couldn't take her eyes off my lips. Nor could I off hers. Our faces were so close I could almost taste her. I wanted her in this moment.

You could cut the lingering tension between us with a blunt butter knife at this point. Our chemistry and adoration for one another was far too strong to deny and ignore any longer.

I felt her hands cupping my thighs and the pressure of her body pushing against me as we remained comfortable, entangled there together at the side of the road.

Cruella dropped me down gently, my feet making contact with the ground. My arms slid down off her neck, down to her waist.

"Cruella can i-" I started.

She kissed me before I could finish. I felt the warmth of her mouth on mine as they collided and I leaned into it more than willingly.

Our heads twisted this way and that as the passion escalated and grew. Her tongue twirling wonders around mine and her hands caressing my face just the right amount.

I never wanted it to end, alas I remembered we were in public on the streets of a major city, and I suddenly felt vulnerable sharing such an intimate embrace with a woman.

I pulled away abruptly and Cruella looked down at me with concerned eyes.

"Are you alright, did I do something wrong?" she asked me.

"No no of course not I just erm, well maybe we should wait until we aren't in public," I suggested lightly.

She looked around as if she'd forgotten where we were before nodding in response.

"I suppose you're right my darling."

I smiled and pursed my lips into a smirk, noticing her hand hanging down by her side and taking the opportunity to slip my hand spontaneously into hers.

She immediately gripped back with intent and we began walking back to the loft in unspoken agreement.

Our walk home consisted of silence and nothing more. We made our way back without uttering a single word, only occasional awkward smiling glances.

I think we were both trying to work out what happens from here. At least we both knew how the other felt.

"Eh up" Horace greeted us as the lift reached the top of the building.

He was still wearing his football gear from the match that morning, I could see poor wink dressed up too as he perched on the sofa peering at me, one eyed. Poor little bugger.

"Hey Horace, how was your day?" Cruella the her bag down on the table and began to remove her jacket, probably not even interested in how his day was but asked him anyway.

"Yeah we lost, but meh what of it," he was referring to the football I guessed," more importantly how'd the baroness interview go Y/N?"

"I got it, I actually got it!" I told him with a wide grin.

I couldn't help how excited I was, It was such a dream to not only work for my idol, but to work alongside my best friend, or lover... I wasn't sure of that quite yet.

"Yes! I knew you would," he gave me a strong, sturdy hug.

"Yes, that's my little star," Cruella said only to me with a smile as Horace became far more interested in pouring a bowl of coco crispies.

Jasper wondered in from the bathroom.

"Did I overhear you got the job..." was the first thing he said.

"Yeah how amazing is that," Horace responded for me.

I rolled my eyes at him,"Yes, I start Monday!"

"Awh Y/N I'm so proud of you," he hugged me softly with his Jasper like charm,"How abouts I go get a Chinese takeaway to celebrate?"

"Absolutely," I liked that idea.

"That sounds splendid," Cruella agreed.

"Yeah remember the extra spring rolls this time mate or it might be an early grave for you," Horace pointed a finger at Jasper jokingly.

"You're hilarious, alright guys I'll be back in 20 minutes then," he disappeared down the lift shaft.

I noticed Cruella was peering at me and narrowed my eyes at her, confused. I knew she was waiting to ask me something.

She motioned to the bedroom with her head,"Can we talk?"

I nodded and followed her.