V

Run, is all I can possibly think but my feet are still. " Come with me " he whisperers, taking my hand and running. I'm holding onto his hand tightly, not because I'm scared so much as I want him to feel the pain of punishment for bringing me into his game.

Our feet are freezing cold from the snow, our cold breath is clear as anything as we run down the middle of the street.

" There they go! "

" Where?! "

" Over there! "

My heart is thumping with fear of being caught. My feet are hurting from the cold snow. Our hands are gripping tightly to warm up our hands but it barely does anything at all.

" Where are we going? " I breathe out, running as we turn left. He looks back at me for a moment, " just shut up, and run. "

" Why are you annoyed? Your the one who caused this! I could have been home by now! This is all your dam fault! Your lucky I can't choke you right now! " I shouted.

" I want to kill you so bad right now, don't play with me! " he shouts back. I roll my eyes.

" They're going that way! "

" On the left! "

I run faster, some water from the melted snow splashing on my cold face. " Go right! I know this place by heart, just do as I say! " I instructed.

I know he's annoyed but, hey, he doesn't have a choice. We reach the empty field. The grass grew longer than I had seen last summer. Arguably taller than a twelve feet.

" There's a hole under here... somewhere. If you feel a board then its the hole. Best hiding spot you can ask for. "

" We don't have time to look for a dam board! " he objected, his voice annoyed and harsh.

" Well maybe don't shoot a man for- "

He places his hand on my waist, twirling me closer to him. My body has never been as close to him or anyone ever. " Wha- " his hand is placed on my mouth and he slowly gets us to the ground.

" Shhhh, they're here. " he whispers softly. We lay there, with just our breath as sounds. His arm around me and the other still placed on my mouth shut. I gulp and try to picture anything else but this.

I look down to his hand on my mouth, he's practically white. He must be cold, especially since he's laying on the ground with most snow.

I close my eyes and think of a spell to keep us warm. With my finger I draw circles, triangular shapes, and stars as a spell to keep us warm. My mouth warms as his hands warm up.

" Thanks " he mutters, with a small sigh. I'm gleaming with victory.

" They must have run down somewhere else "

" Let's go, come on "

Impatiently we still lay there till we know they're completely gone. We sit up and slowly turn to each other.

...

And I can't help but burst into laughter. He raises a eyebrow, " what's so funny? " " What's so funny? " I repeat him, " that was so much fun! Hahahah, they got outsmarted by some seventeen year olds. Hahahaha, how stupid of them! "

He smirks and softly laughs, " yes, I suppose. "

I stand up and dust myself off, " well, I have to get home... I still hate you. "

He stands up, " I hate you too. "