VII

He sits down, visibly annoyed from his loud obnoxious mouth

He sits down, visibly annoyed from his loud obnoxious mouth. Or at least, I would.

I lower my head down and cover my mouth, quietly laugh. He turns to me, glaringly. I smile in response: I know it'll piss him off even more.

" Dam " he mumbled.

" Now, please, take a seat if you haven't already. Today is a beautiful day, isn't ladies and gentlemen? " Mr.Eichler says to the class, sitting more comfortably in his chair, " the news says the world will be ending with all this global warming and whatnot. And if it does ends? We can move to the moon " he implies with a small chuckle.

" I'm joking obviously. We are magical, nevertheless, we are still humans who bleed when being cut. Don't treat anyone different. We can't breath on the moon, but we can protect the ones we love. I think we would all rather die from the lack of oxygen then seeing the ones we love die right in front of our eyes. "

" Tomorrow, we will be planting trees to keep the earth a much better place. Today, I will be discussing the outer planets of the world. You are most welcome to participate. If you wish to not, I kindly ask you to practice magical spells quietly. "

He seems so... comforting.

I smile softly. The world is a piece of living dirt, but there are some advantages: living isn't one do them but hope of comfort.

For the end of the day we pack up. Everyone is quick to run out of the class. All except for me. I walk down to the journalist office.

Before I knock, I comb my hair with my hands. I took a deep breath and knocked softly.

" Come in, " someone mumbled.

I open the door, only to be greatly disappointed.

There he is.

Sitting on that chair with a annoyed look. He sighed, " you again? "

I try not to roll my eyes, I smile, walking to the black chair that sits opposite of him, " I'm here to apply to become the school's journalist. "

He raises a cocky smile, " hahaha, you must be joking. "

" Why would I be? " I say sternly.

He spins in his chair, turning to me with a most victorious smirk, " because, there is no need for a journalist here. I am the journalist. Perhaps you didn't read it correctly, the job is to become the assistant. My assistant. "

I thought if every cuss word to tell him off, but I held back.

I calmly shrugged, " alright, maybe I did read it wrong. When can I start? "

He blinked a couple of times, " you still want to apply? "

I shook my head.

" This isn't a joke, Kim " he muttered as he sat up. He seized my arm, " you think I'll even hire you? "

I laughed, " yes, you will, you would be stupid not too. "

" Excuse me? "

" You seem quite popular in school. Yet, you told one interesting lie today. If you wish to not hire me: then so be it. However, my lips might open and what happens last night will slip open- "

" Alright! " he interrupted, letting go of my arm. " I will hire you, don't think I'll go easy! "

I smiled brightly, " when can I start? " He sat back in his chair, " today: right now. "

" What can I do? "
" Clean. "

My eyes scanned his face to see if he was joking, " clean? I'm not a maid. "

He shrugged, " no, your not, but as your boss I can't work in a dirty environment. I'm going to go get lunch. By the time I come back, I want this room cleaned. "

He rushed out of the room.

I groaned. I wanted to find more about my parents, not clean. I took some books out from the first very Century and dusted them off. I wiped the brown hardwood floor. I replaced the trash bag. I cleaned the windows of the cabinets.

There was a book way up, old and black, I held my arm up and jumped to reach. I hit the top of my forehead, " ouch! "

I sighed as my stomach grumbled. I am drained, tired, I want to rip my arms off just to relive the pain. 

A sigh was heard from behind, " since it looks clean, I won't say anything about how your on the floor. "

I turned around and glared at him.

" I admit, this was a bit unfair. Here, take these bagels. " he lunged his arm forward not looking at my direction.

I took them and unwrapped one of them. " Um, well, you didn't poison them, right? "

He snapped his head towards me, " no, but now I regret it. "

" Whatever " I whispered, getting up to my seat.

He sits down in front of me. He puts his elbows on the desk. He stops eating and looks at me for a while.

" W-what? " I say, touching my face. " What happened right there? Did someone come in? " he points to his forehead. " O-oh no, I hit myself on accident. " my face turns red.

I turn my head away from him.

" Idiot " he chuckles.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑶𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑾𝒉𝒐 𝑲𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔-Kim Sunwoo 🎉