Ventura

The breeze picks up the leaves that have begun to fall from the chilly weather. Browned and crunching underneath our feet. We are no longer strangers to the corridors and atmosphere of the school.

Geto, Shoko and I had become really close since we started going out more together. I was really coming to love my life here.

I had a really tight knit group of friends, my studies were coming along swimmingly, and I've started to build myself, slowly.

And now, as the day reaches its peak, it's time for our first mission.

Yaga has gathered us up at a nearby park and carefully explained our mission.

We were going to a nearby office building were an alarming rate of employees had been commuting suicide. God I could the bad juju coming off the building from a block away. Apparently it was some sort of telecommunications company that had gone bankrupt and laid off a lot of their workers — the ones who stayed, decided that there were better ways out...

All that negative energy ought to stir up a few curses in the area.

Yaga had seated himself on a bench nearby the building, leaving Gojo, Geto, Shoko and I to our vices.

"Damn this place is so gloomy." Shoko muttered as we approached the office building.

"Good thing I've got my katana here with me now. I much rather prefer this style of fighting." I said lightly touching the hilt of the sword.

Geto went in front of us and pushed open the glass door. Gojo stepped in before me and tried the lights.!

"Damn, I wish we'd brought flashlights." He squinted his eyes, peering into the darkness.

"Alright let's split up, four of us makes it even." Shoko piped up. "Y/n and Gojo can clear the upper half of the building and Geto and I will handle the lower floors.

"Sounds like a plan to me." I said unsheathing my katana. "Alright Gojo let's go."

The air had a heavy sort of atmosphere to it, weighing down on my chest every time I took a breath.

"Nothing so far." I rubbed my temple with my index finger. "But I can sense something."

I shut my eyes and steadied my breathing. Up ahead in a room to our right was a presence, not too strong. I'm sure Gojo saw it before I did. Unlike him, I don't have any sixth sight seeing. Instead I had more of a radar? Through intense meditating I had developed a sort of "sonar".

"Ah, it's weak." He whispered excitedly.

"You're a nut job." I huffed. "Let's approach carefu-" Gojo slammed the door open, revealing the curse in the room.

"That also works." I sighed and stepped into the room. He was right. It was pretty weak. "Somethings not right. I feel another presence but I can't pinpoint exactly where it is."

I close my eyes and parked my ears up, listening to every sound, aware of every hair on my skin.

"Yeah here we go." I heard  the soft brush of a hand against the wall and squealing sound followed by a burst and splatters. "Got it."