Chapter 1

Lena's POV: 

The school bell rang just as I stumbled into my next class with my boyfriend Ben. We tried the best we could to be subtle while we scurried quickly to our seats. "You're late Ms. Pierce and Mr. Land" the teacher stated as he continued to write on the board. We had been caught. It was like he had a keen knack for catching people walking in late even when he wasn't facing the class.

"Sorry Mr. Tanner" I apologetically replied even though I couldn't stop laughing in my mind.

"Okay class." Mr. Tanner said turning to face the class as he revealed the writing behind him. "We will be starting our first history project with partners, which will be due in a few weeks" Mr. Tanner said.

I looked behind me and exchanged a look with my best friend. "Partners?" I mouthed.

"Of course!" She mouthed back.

"I will be assigning partners for this projects" Mr. Tanner said as if reading our minds. Was he trying to ruin my life? I thought to myself. I closed my eyes and said to myself, please, please, please, don't put me with-

"Lena you're with Zayn." Mr. Tanner said interrupting my thoughts. It was official Mr. Tanner was trying to ruin my life.

"Milly you're with Ben" he continued reading down the list. Great, Milly got to work with my boyfriend and I was stuck with a creep, I couldn't help but think.

Zayn's POV: 

"Great" I said sarcastically a little too loud as the class turned around to look at me. I rolled my eyes and slid down into my seat. I was going to be working with one of the prettiest but, dumbest girls in school. My school was like a typical bad Hollywood movie. She was the head cheerleader who dated a washed up jock, who was also the football team captain. She was the type who would cling to her boyfriend and laugh too much at stupid things he said. It sickened me how selfish they all were. I didn't want to work with her and I knew she felt the same way. Her and her friends were never directly mean to me but, rather they ignored me which I was perfectly fine with. I knew that they were somewhat intimidated by me although, they always referred to me as the "Bradford Bad Boy." I was pretty darn good at living up to my name, I thought.

"Gross you have to work with Zayn." Milly whispered to Lena. I could tell she was trying to annoy me as I listened to their conversation. I was surprised she actually knew my name. Although Mr. "Talks a lot" just said it.

"I know. He's kind of a creep. I mean what's up with all those tattoos? Don't get to close with my baby though" Lena warned as she winked at Ben.

I didn't understand how they functioned. The populars, they were so flawless and yet, I wanted to strangle them at the same time. It was like they were off in their own world while the rest of us are just here trying to get through each day, one day at a time. Lena was flawless, I hated to admit. Just like the rest but she was considered the leader. Her long blonde hair always looked perfectly wind-blown and flowed down to her mid back. She had stunning blue-grey eyes and her face was perfect. I shook my head trying to clear the thought that consumed me by replacing it with repulsion.

The bell rang and I quickly darted out of the classroom making my way around the mass of students. "Zayn wait!" I hear Lena's angelic soft voice called from behind me.

I turned around to face her as she slowly approached. "Okay so we both know we don't want to work with each other, that's obvious." she said a bit to conceded with herself. "So how about you do all the work and put my name on it." She stated.

"Umm no. I'm not doing all the work" I replied not giving her the satisfaction like everyone else did. I didn't care if the whole world was doing her homework for her, I wasn't letting her get away with it so easily. She needed to be taught a humble lesson.