⬑ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀɴxɪᴇᴛʏ

Reader Age: 6

⭒☆⭒

Shinso was up late, as per usual. He had his earbuds in, listening to his chill playlist as he silently drew whatever came to mind. His pencil lightly scratched against the thick paper of his sketchbook, his hand swiftly following. His attention was so focused on the piece in front of him that he failed to notice the slight squeak of his bedroom door opening.

"T-toshi?" Your words broke through his trance, your voice coming out louder than the quiet melody flowing through his ears. In one swift movement, his earbuds were plucked out of his ears and he was turned around to face you.

"Y/n? What are you doing awake? It's nearly three in the morning." It was now that he noticed the deep bags under your eyes, a canvas for the tear streaks that flowed through them. "huh? Whats's wrong, why're you crying?"

Instead of responding, you ran into his outstretched arms, before continuing to cry into his chest. Shinso enclosed his arms around your small body, worry wiping away all prior thoughts. He began to rock you slowly side to side, lifting you into his lap as you nuzzled into his neck.

"What's up, bean?" he whispered, pulling you back a bit to take a look at your tear-stricken face. "What's got you so upset?"

Hiccuping, you tried to form your words, before giving up and just yelling out what you could. "I don't *hic* want you to die!"

Shinso sat there, bewildered before realization hit him. Both your parents were brutally murdered before your very eyes only a year ago, before Aizawa and Hizashi took you in as a favor to your parents, as they had been very close. Since then you had become attached to the family, but it seemed that your relationship with Shinso was the strongest, and scared you the most. You couldn't bear to lose another loved one.

He was brought back to reality when he realized that your breathing had begun to grow more erratic. "Bean, I need you to listen to me for just a moment, can you do that for me?" Without even lifting your head from its new home in his neck, you nodded, showing your agreeance. "Okay, I need you to breathe with me. Like this," He took a deep breath in, waiting until you followed suit, and then released it slowly. He repeated this a couple more times, slowly rubbing your back as you did so until you were calm again.

"Hey, Lil bug. Can you look at me for just a second?" He whispered out after a bit, waiting for you to meet his eyes. Once you did, he continued. "I promise to never, ever leave you, okay? But, I want you to know that your mom and dad didn't leave you on purpose. They left doing their job to protect you, and I'd say they didn't a pretty good job of it too!" He ended by ruffling your hair a bit, bringing a small smile to your face.

You nodded your head in understanding, but you still refused to get up. Shinso noticed this and let out a quiet laugh. "How about this. If you promise me you'll get some sleep, I'll let you lay in my bed for tonight. How does that sound?" Your eyes glittered with excitement as you nodded your head vigorously, before jumping out of his lap and onto his bed. In an instant, you were in his bed, curled up with his favorite stuffed animal and already fast asleep. A small smile graced his lips as he disconnected his headphones from his phone, playing his calming playlist out loud, keeping it quiet enough so that you could fall asleep.

"Goodnight, y/n."