⬑ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜱʟᴇᴇᴘ

Reader Age: Infant 

⭒☆⭒

     Shoto slowly opened the door to your nursery, hearing your cries get louder from his room next door. This was becoming a nightly thing for him, refusing to fall asleep until he knew you were safe. It was just instinct when he was raised by an abusive father and absent mother. He and his siblings had agreed to take upon that parental role that they knew their own parents wouldn't take since the moment they had to pick you up from the hospital, their mom refusing to look at you, and their father too busy with work to even care. 

     He made his way to the pristine crib in the middle of the room, carefully pulling you into his arms, before sitting down with you in the nearby rocking chair. "What's wrong little one?" he questioned, gently running his thumb over your cheek as your cries quieted. Your [e/c] eyes blinked up at him, blown wide from curiosity and surprise. You began to babble, nonsense spilling from your mouth as he nodded along, pretending to understand you. "Is that so?" He giggled, finding himself funny.

     Your hands, not even the side of his palm, reached up at him, pulling lightly at the hair that fell over his face. A small smile graced his face as he readjusted you in his arms, holding you against his chest. He slowly started to rock back with the chair, humming along to a nonsense toon he put together in his head. Your babbling slowed, slowly succumbing to the darkness as Shoto spoke of wonderful places near and far, stories filled with magical creatures with scales and horns and claws as long as the girl herself. But they didn't care. The mere presence of their older brother was enough to lull them into a gentle sleep.

     "Goodnight, Y/N".