𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

the sun rose the following morning and the silky blue-gray she-cat stirred in her nest. normally she was up at dawn, but from last nights ventures and half-scares getting up was the last thing on her mind. she tightened her tail around her. the sun blasted through the den entrance onto her nuzzled face. she lifted her head to meet footsteps she heard approaching. the large figure was contrasted sharply against the bright light behind it. "good morning viper, you sure slept a long time. come have breakfast." vipershrill matched the voice with the cat instantly, the beautiful, well-kept, innocent, flowerpath. just the sound of her voice alone made viper's claws tingle. squinting with an almost annoyed look on her face, vipershrill hoped the she-cat would go away. unfortunately flowerpath didnt take the hint.

letting out a long, exaggerated sigh, she rose to her feet. turning to the side she lowered her front half down into a stretch. her murderously sharp claws unsheathing and gripping the dirt below her. with a quick side eye glance she could tell flowerpath was smiling. how annoying. rolling her eyes unbothered if the cream colored feline noticed, she turned and plastered on a fake smile. "ready?" she questioned. without waiting for a response she brushed past the she-cat and stepped into the camp.

her eyes automatically searched for kestrelsplash. based on the suns position he hadnt yet gone out for his daily patrol. she would still have a chance to speak with him. that is, if she could get rid of flowerpath. his and her relationship was one that made her fur stand on end with hatred. the way flowerpath laughed at his jokes and how he sat so close to her....it was painful to watch when she did. flowerpath had caught up and gasped excitedly at the sight of the fresh rabbits before them.

"youre drooling.." viper commented, rolling her eyes again then heading to the prey. practically bouncing, the cream she-cat rushed to the rabbit vipershrill had her eyes on and began to scarf it down as if she hadn't eaten in weeks. viper lifted a paw to her chest in disgust and shock. how could kestrelsplash find this alluring? these were questions she could never answer herself, she was simply determined to out flowerpath on her behavior and deem herself more likable in kestrelsplashs eyes.

as if almost planned , she caught sight of the deputy trotting up to them. great, he could finally see how much of a slob flowerpath was. vipers ears perked with interest, her pupils thinned and she shifted her weight to appear more alert to his upcoming presence. the brown and white tom frolicked over, light on his toes and with his tail swinging behind him elegantly. "good morning you two." he greeted sweetly. not surprised, his eyes were pinned on flower first. he examined her features as well as her eating and smiled. "save some for the rest of us." he playfully remarked. flowerpath lifted her head and flashed a smile, a half embarrassed look on her face. "good morning to you as well." her voice was softer than usual.

viper began to boil inside, feeling the blood rush to her now tightening limbs. but calmed once kestrelsplash looked her way. "tornstar sent me to retrieve you. last night we had an unknown animal rip through the vine coverage in the elders den. nobody was injured but he's sending us out to track the animal."

viper paused. completely brushing over the first part of his greeting. she didn't recall anything out of the ordinary last night, but she wouldn't out herself. 

a switch clicked in her brain. time with kestrel? it was all she ever wanted. she could feel a lump begin to form in her throat and her paw pads start to sweat with anxiousness. only he could make her feel this way. she opened her mouth to speak then sharply closed it. if she talked now she would surely stutter. how was it so easy for flowerpath? doing whatever she pleased, acting however she wanted and still catching his eye. although viper knew this wasnt an invitation to hangout with him she calmed her thoughts, she would take advantage of this situation. "of course." she replied shortly afterwards with confidence. the male then dipped his head in goodbye to flowerpath, a smile casted brightly on his face. viper shot a vicious glance at her, although she didnt see it.

════ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ════

authors note.

sorry this chapter was kind of slow. the next chapter will be juicy i promise. also i was on hiatus for a while so im going to try and update now. how did you like this chapter?