𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

greeting some fellow hunters and trainees on the way out, vipershrill waited patiently, knowing her time with him would come soon. she simply dipped her head in greeting with each stop. finally making their way to the camp entrance she paused to look at the hole that had been ripped into the elders den wall. her slitted pupils taking in each missing patch and the claw marks left behind. clearly a badger couldn't have done this. a fox wouldnt be this destructive. any normal cat would be fueled with either hatred, fear or anger. viper however felt nothing. everything inside her warm body mourned to be with krestel and that was all. she could care less about the danger to the elders. tearing her vision away she followed the deputy.

stepping out into the lush, bright green forest that surrounded their camp her eyes were pinned ahead. she watched krestels movements and sways. each paw steps he took revealed his battered toe pads and elongated claws. in her eyes he was the epitome of the perfect mate. his leadership, strength, cunning, charm. "are you smelling anything yet?"

her insides jolted, thinking for a brief second she was speaking out loud. her left paw drew up sharply to her chest. "um..no?" she responded unsurely. the deputy kept moving unbothered. viper exhaled. something inside her hated the vulnerability she felt when she was with him. she was surely not herself, but she couldn't change it.

they progressed for several hours before the deputy broke through the deep thicket at the end of their territory. sliding through and settling next to krestel, vipershrill studied the immense size of the flooded swamp before her.
their camp nestled in the dead center of flooded swamp to the east, bare, dry windlands to the south and thick forests north and west. she thought deeply as her eyes explored. the swamp stunk of moss and mold, while dead leaves danced down to the damp dirt beside her.

she was only invested because of krestel, she would never adventure this far on her own. the clan knew nothing of the creatures potentially lurking within the swamp, which is why clan members were forbidden to travel through it. "what do you think could be out here?" she questioned, eyes flicking toward the tabby.

krestelsplash pondered for a brief moment. viper could tell he was just as unsure as her. "flat dogs." he spated, his gaze hardening. viper felt a breeze brush past her, making her hair running along her spine stand. "flat....dogs?" she had never heard of such a thing. the twisted imagine of a crooked, swished dog on the thunder trail projected in her mind, but she knew that wasnt what he had meant. krestelsplash turned to gaze her. just this sudden movement made her face and paws grow hot with anticipation. "yes." he closed his eyes, presumably trying to recollect what the beast looked like. "a long, green, toothed monster. fearless and lurks in dirty parts of this swamp." viper was baffled. how could he know such things? what had he seen?

════ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ════

authors note.

i think it's obvious what broke into the elders den. hopefully haha. anyway its been a long time since ive uploaded so im going to start updating more!