Jean x Lisa - Family Part 2

Today was finally the day and Lisa couldn't be more elated. Lisa was squirming in her chair because she couldn't wait.

Jean was looking at her paperwork with a tiny smirk. She and Lisa were going to visit the city's orphanage. They were going to meet the children there and look into the process of adoption. They had scheduled a visit more than a week ago and Lisa couldn't stop talking about it since then. Right now she was patiently waiting for Jean to finish her work so they could be on their way.

Truth be told, Jean had finished her work a while ago, but she found Lisa's behaviour too amusing to end things soon. So she pretended that she still had work to do while she laughed to herself about Lisa's attempt to control her excitement.

Jean had to admit, she found Lisa's excitement so endearing and it warmed her heart. She couldn't wait to start a family with Lisa and she really hoped that they could give one of the children a fantastic loving life.

Jean decided to stop teasing Lisa. She put her work down and that immediately grabbed Lisa's attention.

"Shall we be on our way, love?" Jean asked, standing up from her chair. Lisa jumped out of her chair and nodded.

"Yes! Let's go darling! I'm so excited to meet all the children. Oh gosh this week couldn't have gone by any slower."

Jean chuckled as she put her coat on. She led Lisa out of her office and locked the doors. The two walked hand-in-hand to the city's orphanage while Lisa was practically bouncing on her feet.

When they got to the orphanage, the orphanage director greeted them at the door.

"Grand Master Jean, Miss. Lisa, how are you two today?" The kind elderly lady asked.

"Oh Maryland, we're so excited. Aren't we Jean?" Blurted Lisa.

Jean smiled and nodded in agreement. "Lisa is correct, we are very excited to meet the children."

"Well come on then, the children are just helping the chef prepare dinner." Maryland held the door open for Lisa and Jean.

The inside of the building was very cozy and looked very warm. Jean allocated a good amount of the city's funds to ensure that the building was sustained well. Maryland and her team did a fantastic job running the place. The children didn't have families, so the least they deserved was a warm, clean, and safe place to live.

There were kids of all ages sitting around the living room. Off to the side, there was a doorway that led to a large dining room and a kitchen was attached to the right. Jean could see a group setting the table with utensils while another group was in the kitchen with the chef.

"Children!" Maryland said to the group in the living room. "Please welcome Miss. Lisa and Miss. Jean. Tonight, they will be joining us for dinner so please make them feel welcomed. Okay, darlings?"

"Yes, Miss. Maryland!" They said in unison. The children all had bright smiles on their faces that they directed to the pair. Some went back to what they were doing before while others bravely stepped up to talk to Lisa. Jean stood off to the side with a smile as she observed her beautiful witch interact with the children.

They asked her all sorts of questions, ranging from questions about her large witch hat to her work as a librarian. Lisa answered each and every question with enthusiasm and patience. One child, who Jean had to guess was about 3, crawled into Lisa's lap and didn't say anything. All they did was stare up at Lisa's face with big round curious eyes.

Lisa smiled down at the child and patted their head soothingly while she returned to answering the other children's questions.

While Jean was observing Lisa, she noticed there was a young girl sitting alone by the fireplace. The girl looked a little nervous and out of place. She kept fidgeting with her fingers and eyeing the child in Lisa's lap. Jean slowly walked to the kid who had noticed her approach a bit later.