A Strange Portal

As Modern Cat explored her new surroundings, she noticed something quite peculiar. It was that the world around her seems to warp in her direction, causing it to make a path, even on gaps of air.

Using this newfound knowledge, she let her guard down and let her inner cat run free. She wasn't very comfortable in her previous situation, having to die countless times, only to be cloned and sent to die again.

One cute cat playtime later☆

Modern went back to exploring, following what looked to be a trail of footprints made by a bipedal creature.
The footprints led Modern to a cliff area, around 50 feet high.

Suddenly, the reality warping started to intensify, startling Modern and causing her to tremble in fear. The warped area soon transformed into a small portal, fitting Modern's exact size.

Going with her curious cat nature, she poked the portal, and declaring it was temporarily safe, decided to peek through it.

The other side of the portal looked to be a desolate world, with debris and corpses scattered everywhere. But something else caught Modern's eye, specifically a young man in full black scouting the area with strange goo-like tendrils. He had red eyes and a bored expression on his face.

In fear, Modern tried to return to the other world, but because that would be too boring, the author forcefully closed the portal and pushed Modern out.

The strange individual stopped in his tracks, before turning his attention to the strange white cat laying about 1 kilometre way from him.

I mean, who wouldn't be attracted to a cat that just randomly appeared out of nowhere?

"Oh shit, not good!" Was what crossed Modern's mind. Modern Cat tried to flee, but because of her chubbiness, tripped and fell onto the dusty ground.
Expecting the worst, Modern closed her eyes and started meowing in fear.

Okay, I'm gonna leave that here for today since it's midnight rn and I need some sleep.

Cya guys tomorrow :)