Part 9

"Divination," Myrtle states from the front of the room.  

Yesterday was transmutation, but Michael and I missed it while we were interrogating each other.  John Henry Moore was left to supervise everyone while the rest of the adults went out for lunch, and he didn't so much as lift a finger to interfere with Madison's impromptu frat party.  Cordelia and the warlocks were so distracted with disciplining John Henry and the rest of the witches and warlocks that they didn't notice the fact that we were missing.

"Today, the adults will not be going out to lunch," Cordelia explains, "Considering that the last two times we left, the coven went to chaos."

Madison huffs from beside me; she slipped out of the party before Cordelia got home, but everyone ratted her out.  Cordelia put her on dish duty as her punishment, and Madison is not a fan of getting her hands dirty.

"We have decided to add a little bit of excitement to today's task since it seems that you all take excitement into your own hands if you're feeling underwhelmed," Myrtle states disdainfully.

"Girl, how do you make Divination exciting?" Queenie scoffs.  "It's the most boring task of the Seven Wonders, in my opinion."

"I think we should just eliminate it from the Seven Wonders," Madison suggests.

Everyone rolls their eyes.  "Bitch, you're only mad because it's the one task you failed," I state, saying what everyone was thinking.

Madison crosses her arms.  "Yeah?  Well, how many of the Seven Wonders can you do?  I'm 6 for 7."

I pause, coming across a realization; I've never attempted the Seven Wonders.  Back when Cordelia had the whole coven complete the Seven Wonders, she exempted me.  "Well, I can do the first five," I retort.  "And probably the last two."

"Probably," Madison mocks.  "At least I know that I can do the last two."

"At least I can pass Divination," I shoot back.  

"Girls, are we really arguing already?" Myrtle sighs.

"Just putting a bitch in her place," Madison states smugly, turning to Myrtle.

"Is that so?" I mock.  "How about you show me just how good you are at Divination."

Madison glares at me as Myrtle clears her throat.  "Okay, that is it.  I don't even want to be teaching this lesson, and you girls are making it so much more difficult on me.  If you give me one more headache, I will put you both on martini duty and you will spend the rest of the day serving me martinis on the sofa."

I sigh and turn to Myrtle.  No matter how boring Divination is, it couldn't be more boring than trying to mix the perfect martini for Myrtle; she's the pickiest martini-drinker I've ever met.  "Sorry, Myrtle."

Madison rolls her eyes and apologizes reluctantly.

Myrtle turns back to the task at hand.  "I have hidden 16 of Blaise's shoes around the academy-"

"Excuse me?" I interrupt.

Myrtle ignores me.  "Whoever finds the most shoes and returns them unharmed wins... oh god, I don't know, bragging rights," she sighs.

"Bragging rights?" Madison scoffs.  "You know what, it's a good thing I have no chance at winning."

"Hey, the prize doesn't matter," Zoe protests.

Madison rolls her eyes and pulls a cigarette from her pocket.  "Whatever.  I'll wait here with Myrtle while you all are running around making fools out of yourselves."