Part 18

"Everything's taken care of," Michael states as he meets me in the alleyway outside the bar.  "Everyone's memories have been altered to have seen you slap Kai and leave, and Kai thinks that you just knocked him unconscious with one punch."

We begin walking towards the main street, Madison trailing behind us.  "Wait, why were you even at the bar?" I ask as I turn to Michael.  "Were you fucking following me?"

He quickly shakes his head.  "No - well, kind of - but no, not really.  I just got an intuition that something bad was going to happen, so I told Cordelia and she told me the name of the bar that you guys usually go to.  I transmutated here and watched your little showdown with Kai, but I just couldn't stop myself after he touched you."

"I think you could see that I had it handled," I retort as we walk onto the main sidewalk, now having a clear view of all the Creole houses.

"Yeah, I know," he sighs.  "You were doing a great job at handling him and you weren't even using magic.  By the way, I heard what you said about my being 100 times the man he is."

I shake my head, not knowing what to say.  "I-"

"I thought it was sweet," he adds on.

I sigh as I place my hands in my pocket.  "Do you think he'll change after this?  Kai, I mean."

Michael shrugs.  "He'll either realize how much of a prick he is and change, or he'll only become more of a prick and further oppress women.  We'll just have to hope he doesn't go with the latter."

"Maybe we should've Conciliumed him to not be a misogynistic asswipe," I suggest.

He chuckles.  "Not even Concilium could fix that."

"You're right about that one," I smile.

He returns my smile and gently takes my arm in his, the motion feeling next-to-natural for me.  He glances at the live band playing down the street before turning to me.  "Say, I interrupted your night out.  Would you like me to make it up to you?"

"Are you proposing an impromptu date?" I question.

"Yes-"

Madison clears her throat from behind us.  "I'm literally right here."

"Just transmutate back to Robichaux's," I roll my eyes.

Madison sends me a mock glare as she looks between me and Michael.  "Down bad," she mouths before disappearing.

Michael turns back to me after she's gone.  "She put up much less of a fight than she usually would," he remarks.

I nod.  "Not going to lie, I'm impressed.  It seems like hell did change her."

He chuckles as we continue walking forward, still arm-in-arm.  "You know, they say that some spirits in hell become violent over their time in hell, and it leads to them becoming entirely different if they ever get the opportunity to return to the land of the living."

I send him a strange look.  "Um... I know that Madison is prone to violence, but she was like that before she died too; I don't think she falls into that category."

He rolls his eyes.  "No, I'm not talking about Madison.  I'm just saying in general."

"What are you suggesting?" I raise a brow.

"Why don't we try to bring a few of these spirits back to the land of the living?" he smirks.

"That is absolutely ridiculous," I scoff.  "Not to mention reckless, and-"

"Now you're sounding like Cordelia," he teases.

I narrow my eyes.  "I do not."

He shrugs.  "The Blaise I know is always down for some havoc.  What do you say; want to summon some violent ghosts?"