(Solomon) Through Tears & Time

Sometimes seeing the brothers makes you really unhappy. Most of the time it's because you miss the idea of home, but more so, you've always wondered how it would feel like to have a loving and caring brother.

To be honest, even though there are sometimes a lot going on between the brothers, their care for each other still manages to surface. You envy that, because back in your world, you could never have what they have.

Though you do miss home, leaving made life physically easier for you. In the human world, you did have a brother, but every time he sees you, he would make you run errands for him, or worse, he would hurt you. During those moments, you never cried. It happened twice, and both times you got hurt so much worse.

Ever since, you trained yourself to never cry again. You got used to it, carrying everything inside and looking all fine outside. You were so good at it if there was an award, you'd probably win easily.

You wished not crying would take away the sadness of the things you can't ever have, but it can't. Every time you'd see the brothers together, your heart feels all heavy, but you can't do anything to make it stop.

Sometimes, it hurts so much that you think you're gonna cry, but you've held it for so long that even crying was a foreign memory in your mind.

So you resulted to other things that would lessen the burden, taking walks eating, watching comedy films that are available in Devildom. Just doing anything you can do to laugh, but nothing ever changed, the drowning feeling goes away, but then it returns almost immediately after every laugh.

Even so, you carried on as a normal citizen residing in Devildom. You had a routine, you'd take your classes then stay at the highest place you could go to in the whole of Devildom.

Your thoughts scream that you should probably talk to someone, but you didn't want to have them carry such a light burden of yours. So here you were, sitting alone and breathing the air.

At least, that was what you thought.

"What a weird habit of yours?" Someone uttered behind you.

You turned around to see that it was the only 'human' that resides in Devildom with you.

You scoffed, then asked, "What are you doing here, Solomon?"

"I don't know, maybe making sure that the only human friend I have in this place is okay." He replied.

You chuckled in disbelief at his words.

"And since when did you care about my well-being?" You raised an eyebrow at him.

"Trust me when I say this, but you'd be happier if I don't tell you." He uttered back.

"Huh... interesting." You said to yourself.

"What brings you up here?" He asked you with care in his eyes.

"Nothing. I mean can't you see that." You replied with a laugh.

"Seriously, what are you doing up here?" He asked once more, walking closer to you.

You took a deep sigh and looked at the dark scorned sky.

"I'm feeling really... heavy. You know I can't explain it, I just feel like I'm carrying so many thoughts in my mind and envy in my heart. It's just really heavy, you know..." You explained, not looking at Solomon even once.

He approached the space beside you and stayed there for a while.

"I'm surprised you're still here." You said with a chuckle.

He didn't say anything which made you look at him intently.

Your eyes met as he was also looking at you.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" You asked him, pondering what he was thinking.

Then out of the blue, he put his hand on the side of your face. The look of confusion was evident on your face as you kept looking at him.

"What are you doing?" You asked once more.

As you were looking into his eyes, you felt that your eyes were getting particularly teary.

Upon realization that you were crying, you looked at Solomon in a different way than how you looked at him before. You then looked away from him and proceeded to sob uncontrollably.

You kept on catching your breath just crying out all the pain that you've held inside for so long.

In a deep night in Devildom, all that could be heard is your painful sob that echoed through the ears of the brothers.

You turned towards Solomon once more, "I don't know what you did, but... I'm really grateful. I-I... thank y-you." You're voice uttered as it was shaking.

He then stood up, he pulled you in an embrace as you continued to cry into the night.

In a simple moment, you finally sought back on letting go and crying. For the first time, you felt the joy of being comforted as you cried and poured your heart out.

'Sometimes we all need someone to comfort us.' That was a valuable lesson you learned that night.