(Satan) Human World

MC has been living in Devildom for a few months now, and she doesn't necessarily dislike the feeling of being there, it's just occasionally she misses the feeling of being with her family.

All the laughter and soulful eating, she cherished every single moment of that. All the moments her mom would wake her up in the morning and send her a minute-long hug, it was something sweet to miss.

It was a peaceful night, and MC was alone and staring at the night sky in one of the balconies in The House of Lamentation.

She was missing her family and wished that she could interact with them, however, that wouldn't be the case here.

She wasn't exactly crying, however she wasn't happy at all. No tears were needed to tell that she was feeling increasingly lonely.

While sitting on the bench conveniently placed at the balcony area, someone took a seat next to her.

She looked up to see who it was and it was Satan.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I'm doing you a favor through my presence." He said, making MC chuckle.

If there was one thing similar amongst the brothers, it's that they think quite highly of themselves.

"Whatever... but seriously what are you doing here? Usually, you'd be cooped up in your room reading a book or obsessing over cats." MC replied in a soft tone.

"Well, I'm not exactly without feelings. I could tell that you had something going on with you." He said to her.

"So now I will ask that cliche question of, "Are you okay?" and even if you say yes. I won't believe you." He explained.

"Well, what's the use of asking then?" MC replied with a short chuckle. After that though she was back to being gloomy.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Satan asked, noticing the sudden change in MC's mood.

"It's nothing much really. I just miss the human world. Don't get me wrong Devildom is amazing and all, but I really miss my friends and my family. I guess you can say I'm feeling a little homesick." She explained with a reminiscing look on her face.

"Why didn't you tell us then?"

"Because... I don't want to make any of you feel burdened for such simple human feelings I possess, so I just kept it to myself." MC explained, looking down on the ground after saying her reason.

"You will never be a burden to us," Satan said while having his eyes laid on her.

"You know that's not entirely true," MC replied, raising her head to face Satan.

"Ever since I arrived here, I caused quite a lot of trouble. And it's not the small kind of trouble, it's big big big trouble." She explained.

"I guess you did. However, that does not withstand all the good things that have happened to us because of your arrival. Before you came here, our relationship with each other was more broken than a broken bridge, and somehow, though you like intervening in other's problems, you were able to help us rekindle some things." He explained, looking into her eyes.

He placed his hand on her shoulder and said, "Listen, MC. Don't feel like you're ever alone. I get that you're feeling homesick, but you'll get home soon. I can promise you that for the rest of your stay, I will make you feel so happy that you wouldn't notice that it's time to go, so don't cry now. You look extremely ugly."

He sounded like he was joking at the end of his statement, however, his emotion flows through the way he promised MC a happier time.

He removed his hand from her shoulder and cupped her face instead. His eyes were fixed on hers as the night went by with shooting stars.

Closer, his face went to MC's but he stopped midway.

"Don't be sad. I'm always here with you." He said, then standing up and messing up her hair.

It made MC's heart skip a beat, and the reaction in her face told Satan of what feeling she felt.

"Goodnight." He retorted, then he proceeded to walk away without saying anything else.

And there was MC, who had her hand on top of her pounding chest.

Somehow, she had forgotten the feeling of loneliness that she felt before seeing Satan through the night.

Home can wait a little longer.