(Mammon) Funny?

When is a joke taken too far?

It all started when MC had a nightmare.

It was one that felt so real that it gave her chills just thinking about it.

She had seen Mammon get killed in the most brutal way she could never have imagined.

Yes, he might be a demon so it can seem far from the truth, but they aren't immortal, they can live very long years, but in some way, they would also end.

MC cared a great bunch about Mammon, and it kills her inside that every time she'd see him, all she can think about was that nightmare that she had.

Whenever Mammon invited her to go out, she'd agree to come only to keep him in the House of Lamentations. She wanted to keep him safe in any way she could even if she was just a powerless human being.

She knew that it would destroy and change her if anything were to happen to him.

She wouldn't ever live with it.

She loved him a lot.

••••••

Mammon was in a conversation with Asmodeus and Satan, they were talking about how much MC doesn't care about Mammon, unlike how she cares for the rest of them.

Of course, Mammon doesn't agree with this. He knew that MC cared about him on another level, so he decided that he wanted to prove that to Satan and Asmodeus.

So, he thought of a plan and told Satan and Asmodeus to play along with him, and them being them, agreed because they thought that Mammon would fail to prove his point.

••••••

It was very late in the night when MC received a message from Satan.

"MC, it's Mammon..." His message was simple, yet it stirred up so much concern and worry in MC.

"What do you mean? What's up with Mammon?" MC messaged him back. While waiting for a reply, her hands were trembling.

Could it have happened?

No.

That's not possible.

He couldn't be—

"He's gone." Was Satan's last message to her before she got out of bed in her night clothing and rushed to Mammon's room without even having second thoughts.

She would not believe it.

It wasn't possible.

He couldn't be gone.

He should be here.

I just talked to him a few hours ago.

This is impossible.

••••••

Upon reaching Mammon's room, without hesitation, she opened the door and was greeted by Mammon, seemingly waiting for someone to enter.