Prolouge

~*~*~

~*~*~

Aurora Sage Avery was not someone for love. It had never been on her side.

They say that the first love in your life is either your mother or father. They also say that they should show you love, give you love, learn what love is all about and protect you from being broken by love. Love is supposed to be a warm feeling, a feeling that makes you happy.

But why did it hurt for Aurora? Why was the love she was supposed to be given just harsh and pure evil? How could the two people that were supposed to be your first love not love you, at all?

Aurora had her good moments with her parents and brothers, the moments where she actually felt comfortable and included. But those moments didn't last long, they could last a week, a day, an hour, or just a few minutes. After those moments were over, everything turned cold, cruel, and painful again.

She had to think of everything she did, her actions, her words, even her thoughts because one little mistake that did not please her parents would make her life even more of a living hell. At the age of eight, Aurora began thinking about the consequences she had been given and what she could be given. Because of being so young, it didn't take long until she stopped playing until she stopped saying so-called 'foolish things' until she stopped talking, and until she stopped being a child.

So when an owl arrived with her Hogwarts letter, Aurora thought it was the most beautiful thing ever. The paper's color and its quality, how each word was written with such thought and elegance, and how she finally felt that someone actually wanted her.

She would finally leave the place she was supposed to call home with the thought of being loved for once. So what confused her even more, was how could she feel so alone while being surrounded by people.

~*~*~

Regulus Black was treated better by his parents compared to Aurora, but throughout his entire childhood and life, he had been an overthinker, he doubted himself much more than what a child should do, every word, every move, and every thought. But when his older brother, Sirius, became more reckless around the house, the two brother's parents changed into an even more evil and violent version of themselves.

When Sirius Black got sorted into the Hogwarts house, Gryffindor, Regulus automatically became Walburga and Orion's favorite child, putting Sirius aside. Almost everything that Sirius did, resulted in punishment and pain, causing the youngest boy to turn his feelings off so that their parents wouldn't think he was weak to care for his brother.

The brothers' relationship slowly faded, and when Regulus came to Hogwarts for the first time, almost everything they had was gone when he was sorted into Slytherin.

Since they were small, the person who had been his best friend and the one who he looked up to had become the one who had disappointed him the most.

Everyone did.

Everyone disappointed him.

So when was it going to stop?

Was it ever going to stop hurting?

~*~*~

For both Aurora and Regulus, Hogwarts was seen as their escape, as a place where they would feel safe and happy by finally being away from what had hurt them most.

But sometimes it was even worse being there, all the press they had because of their parents -to perform well and achieve good grades- drained them even more than before.

Hogwarts was sometimes a place in hell, the headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, the kind and thoughtful man with a glint in his eyes sometimes had no empathy for the ones that really needed it the most. Hogwarts, the place that always had help for those who needed it, couldn't see the actual and simple problem, resulting in students who suffered the most, couldn't ask for help.

Performing well as a student was just as important as performing well as a child at home. Both the household Black and Avery were pureblood supremacists, so when the parents asked the children questions in that kind of subject, all they could do was just to nod and agree, whether they actually did or did not or they would end up hurt in such a painful way that they would've rather just been killed in that moment instead of to continue.

So when two students in pain, met each other, their lives began to change.

-: Written 29.06.21 :-