-'01

CHAPTER ONE

¨¨¨

-: fifth year :-

anhedonia

(n.) the loss of interest and enjoyment in all activities that you once liked; the feeling of not caring anymore.

¨¨¨

When Aurora woke up early on a November morning it was still dark outside. The dried and scrumpy leaves on the ground were heard in the stormy weather. She groaned at the fact that her sleep state already was over but stretched her arms so that she wouldn't fall asleep again.

She sat up in her bed, opened the curtains just a bit, and swung her scrawny legs onto the floor. With the palm of her hand, she gently rubbed her eyes to get the sleep out of them. 

Breakfast didn't start until an hour or so and her first class began at 9.30 am so she had much free time. Normally, Aurora didn't take much care of herself in the morning, however, this morning her dirty blonde hair was greasy enough which resulted in her deciding to take a warm shower.

As her boney fingers ran through the lathered shampoo in her hair, her head ached and felt more tired than when she woke up 'Another bad night ' she thought, 'when will it stop?' Aurora loved sleeping, loved her bed, and loved that all her problems disappeared for just a while as she sleeps. But while being in her sleeping state, she, unfortunately, couldn't control her mind, and lately, it had become worse than ever before. Nearly every night, her thoughts raced, causing her body to feel awake but her mind and head felt as she hadn't slept at all. 

Because of this, focusing on classes had started to become almost impossible. No matter how much coffee she drank in a day, it didn't help cause the head still ached. She of course could go to Madam Pomfrey to ask for a dreamless potion but how was she gonna do that if she wasn't comfortable. And how was she supposed to go to the hospital wing nearly every night without any teachers questioning her? She luckily hadn't fallen asleep in class yet, so no one had barely noticed her mental state.

Pearl Zabini was Auroras's only friend, or at least the only person she actually trusted and could talk to, wanted to talk to. The brunette had of course noticed that something was wrong but knowing Aurora, she knew that the girl didn't wanna talk about it. 

The blonde girl stepped out of the shower and wrapped both her hair and body in towels. While water dripped onto her bare shoulders she quickly brushed her teeth before going back to her bed, grabbing her oak wood wand and casting a drying spell. She got changed into her school robes, wearing a thin extra jumper underneath and skipping the black skirt, going with the black trousers that the boys were offered instead. She had found a pair of them in a box at home, being her brother Gaston's old ones.