-'03

CHAPTER THREE

¨¨¨

-: fifth year :-

alexithymia

(n.) the inability to express your feelings

¨¨¨

[mention of alcohol and cigarettes]

The Hogwarts library was quiet, it was a Saturday, and students were either sleeping, eating breakfast, playing quidditch, or making their way down to Hogsmeade. 

However, in the Hogwarts library, near a window sat Regulus Black.  A curl from his raven hair fell down in front of his eyes as he sipped on a cup of coffee. He was almost alone there, except for a pair of seventh years and Madam Pince. 

His pale face scrunched up at the coffee he had just swallowed, the sour taste and coldness from it showed how it had been sitting there for a while without drinking any of it.

His green eyes followed the lines of a potions book that laid in front of him, and once in a while he paused and scribbled down a short summary of what he had read. 

The window on the right to him had frost in its corners just like the others in the castle. November was nearing its end leaving the castle ground with a thin layer of snow and frost. While people were drinking hot chocolate and warm butterbeer, Regulus drank coffee. Not that he didn't like the sweetness from the two other drinks, but he needed to stay awake. 

Darker times were coming, not just for the wizarding world, but for himself. He knew his parents and what kind of future he was expecting. 

He was trying to focus on his schoolwork at the moment because soon that would be gone. Soon would he be finding himself with a dark arts book that his parents gave him. 

As he finished the chapter, Regulus pushed himself off from the chair and walked to the aisle where the book belonged. After putting it in the right place, he walked to the aisle with the literature books. A couple of them were wizarding ones that he had already read, none of them were really good. But his eyes scanned until he found the muggle ones. 

It was a perfect time to read those now when barely any students were there. Still, the feeling of his mother punishing him for it frightened him. 

But his mind longed for them, he wanted to read them. 

His fingers trailed along with the different book titles. But he stopped as his eyes scanned the title 'The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe'  making him pick it up and read the back. Already interested he decided that it was going to be fine if he read it. So Regulus went back to where he sat a while ago and sat back down on the chair.