prologue

Third-person pov

August 6th, 2012

It was a stormy and gloomy day, which is mildly out of character for the typically sunny San Francisco, California. Normally wolves don't go out in this type of weather, as they're not the biggest fan of rain. But this did not stop the Angelo family from going on their daily run. In fact, it prompted them to take a different route. One of that 11-year-old Davina Angelo came up with herself. But they would soon learn that sticking to the path would've been the better choice.

"Mommy, Daddy, can we go this way instead" Davina pleaded, wiggling her jet-black slender tail eastwards.

"No, sweetheart, that area is out of our territory and could be very dangerous. Let's stick to our normal path." Her Mother replied in a sequence of howls, grunts, and moans, as she was still in her wolf form.

"But mom," Davina started before her dad cut her off.

"Honey, we'll only be a few miles out of the territory, and if our little girl is going to grow up to be a strong and powerful Alpha, she needs to be able to make her own paths," he said, watching Davina's eyes light up at the mention of being an Alpha.

For as long as she could remember, Davina had dreamed of becoming the Alpha of her pack and carrying on her family legacy. And being an only child, increased her chances tremendously because it eliminated the fighting your siblings part from the process. Her family already believed in her more than they could ever describe, and most importantly, she believed in herself. The hardest part would be getting others to believe in her, especially with her being a female Alpha, which is basically unheard of.

Davina's mother reluctantly agreed, even though she felt something off-putting about the entire situation. But if it meant making her happy, then she would think nothing else of it.

Davina along with her parents continued on their afternoon run throughout the California wilderness and into the territory of their enemies, the Fawn pack. Now, this may seem like a rookie mistake but in the werewolf, world territories aren't marked, as they would be sure to alarm the humans of their existence, which is the last thing that ANY wolf would want to happen. Instead, territories have an invisible marking placed on all supernatural maps, and almost every wolf has a copy of the map to prevent unnecessary conflict.

Unfortunately for the Angelo family, one of the Fawn pack guards spotted them while scanning the territory's perimeter. The guard, along with two other nearby guards, shot the three with tranquilizing darts before they could even realize they were being targeted. The guards went over to see who was intruding on their territory and instantly recognized the three people laying before them since the darts also convert the wolves back into their human form. The guards shared a nervous yet concerned look before the guard that originally spotted them called the pack's Alpha to alert him of the news.

"Boss, I'm afraid we have a problem," the guard spoke nervously into the phone

"What problem?" Francis replied, urgency laced in his tone.

"Three non-fawn wolves have been spotted inside the territory about 15 minutes ago, and we have identified them as the Angelo family".

Francis let out a satisfied chuckle before quickly demanding the guards bring all three of them into the interrogation room and tie them up into chairs. About 15 minutes later, Francis along with his wife Angelica are notified that their captives have woken up indicating that they are ready for some answers.

As they walk into the room Angelica's stern face falls when she sees the young girl harshly tied to a chair begging to be released as her parents, who are in the same situation, attempt to comfort her as her screams fill the room.

"Why is she tied to the chair like that?" Angelica yells at the guards.

"Sorry, my Luna, but those were the Alpha's orders," the guard replies.

Angelica shoots Francis a stern "What the fuck is wrong with you" look and he then tells the guard to untie her before they interrogate the girl's parents. Angelica is a total sweetheart and the complete opposite of Francis, which is what they believe makes them such a perfect match, other than them being mates.

Davina is finally released from the chair and runs as fast as she can for the door to escape. But her attempt failed miserably when she realized the doors were password protected.

"She can play with Freya and sky, I'm sure they would love a new friend," Angelina suggested to her husband. (Freya, their 9-year-old daughter, and sky her best friend and the Beta's daughter). "Hell no, we don't know her and she could be a potential threat to the both of them, it's too dangerous just leave her in-," Francis replied before being cut off by the little girl crying hysterically. Francis rolled his eyes at the sheer timing and once again Angelina insists on letting her "pass the time" with Freya and Skylar. And within a few minutes Sky, Davina, and Freya are playing castle in Freya's obnoxiously large princess-themed bedroom.

Davina and Freya hit it off instantly and became quick friends, despite their more than colorful circumstances. Freya made all of Davina's stress and worry go away as soon as they met. Something about her just made Davina feel so safe and secure. Her thick, yet curly hair, her gorgeous skin, and even her entire pink outfit, which Davina wouldn't be caught dead in, intrigued the young girl.

Skylar, on the other hand, wasn't too much a fan of Freya's new friend. For starters, they fought over who got to play the prince for the first 5 minutes, since Freya had already claimed the spot of the princess. And second, Freya was (in Skylar's mind) her best friend and her best friend only, and she hated seeing Freya hanging out with anyone else.

Their short yet eventful playdate was brought to an abrupt halt when 3 men with black leather jackets that read "Angelo for life" in bright red letters in the middle of a green skull burst into the room grabbing Davina and shooting bright red bullets at both Skylar and Freya.
To be continued...

A/N:
Hi guys, thank you so much for checking out the prologue of my new book "Bounded desires ". Chapter 1 will be out soon, follow my Instagram @authoramasa for more updates and behind the scenes of my writing!
Make sure to vote, follow, and comment 🤍