Chapter One

Christina Swan pulled her curly blonde hair back into a ponytail and began to follow after her fellow passengers as they all walked toward the baggage claim area. Seeing the "Welcome to Washington" sign hanging above the entrance she smiled to herself. At 22 years old she never thought she'd be moving to another state, let alone one across the country from where she grew up. She was glad to be here though, she missed her uncle and cousin Bella and knew that this would be a great place for a fresh start. Losing her job, and her boyfriend really broke her for a bit until she talked to her uncle.

"Come on out here if you need to clear your head, I've got the space and you know this is your home if you ever want."
"Thanks Uncle Charlie, I appreciate it and I'll think about it." Two short weeks later and she was calling him back to let him know she wanted to come out.

"Christina, over here!" A male voice called out snapping her out of her flashback. Christina turned around and saw her uncle standing alone near the carousel that would soon bring her bags around.
"Hi Uncle Charlie" Christina reached over and gave her favorite uncle a hug, "how are you?"
"Hey kiddo, I'm good, how was your flight?"
Christina laughed and said "same as every other flight, crying babies, not enough legroom and slightly annoyed flight attendants, not that I can blame them though."
Charlie just laughed and nodded. The sound of the carousel went off as the bags started circling the area.
"Do you just have the two bags, or did you bring more?"
"Just two, I have a few boxes that should arrive later to the house though. My bags are the big blue ones with a yellow ribbon tied on the handle"
"Sounds good, I'll grab them as soon as they come around"
"Thanks Uncle Charlie"

Charlie grabbed the bags and started pulling one while Christina pulled the other one and followed Charlie out to his police cruiser.
"Wow uncle Charlie, you couldn't have borrowed Bellas vehicle today?" She laughed as they approached the trunk
"Right like Bells would drive this car over her truck" He loaded up the bags in the trunk and walked over to the drivers side "once you get settled we can look into getting you your own car too if you want."
"Sure, I sold my old car so I would have some extra money coming up here but I feel like it would be a good idea to get my own transportation eventually."

Charlie pulled out on the airport and started on their way home while Christina looked out the window enjoying the fresh green all around the area. Before she knew it she was falling asleep with her head on the window, the hum of the vehicle relaxing her. After a while she woke to the car slowing down and opened her eyes to see a small two story house.
"Welcome to your new home Christina."