Chapter Thirty

It had been a few days and everyone seemed to be settling back into somewhat normal routines. Sam was still out later and earlier than anyone most days but nobody could convince him to slow down and take a break. The Cullen's had been keeping an eye on things on their side of town as well and making sure that Charlie and Bella were safe. If anyone had told Billy that the Cullen's and the wolves would be working together someday he would've laughed in your face, however now, he is very grateful that they are. Jared and Paul were on their way back from patrol and Jacob and Embry and just headed out while Nick and Sam were over at Bella's house waiting for the Cullen's to show up to relieve them. Emily and Christina were busy making dinner for everyone and Leah and Seth were finishing up their homework at home.

Christina heard the timer in the kitchen go off signaling that they needed to get the bread out of the oven. Emily was in the bathroom so Christina got up and went to take care of it. Hearing the door open Christina just assumed it was the boys and called out "Hey Paul, hey Jared, how was it?" Putting the bread on the stove and turning around she gasped when she saw Derek standing there. He smiled at her and sped to be right in front of her.

"Shh, you don't want to scream and alert Emily that anything's wrong, right? I'd hate for you to see what I'd have to do if that happened." Christina shook her head. "Good, now come with me quietly so not to disturb anyone." Christina followed Derek out of the house and down to the yard. As he was about to grab her he heard a couple of growls coming from the edge of forest, followed by some howling in the distance." Christina was able to slightly relax knowing that the wolves were nearby. Derek grabbed Christina and held her tight as she saw Jared and Paul race towards them "ahh I don't think you want to do that. See I've got her in my grip, you guys come any closer and I might just have to bite her, or snap her neck, whichever feels better at the moment I guess." The boys came skidding to a stop and whined at what Derek said. Derek smirked "that's right. Good doggies. Now what's going to happen now is Christina and I are going to go on a little trip." While Derek went on about some of his plans of what he would do with Christina while he had her, he failed to notice the other wolves approaching from behind and on either side. They were standing far away enough that they didn't catch his eye right away but Christina knew as she was frantically looking all around trying to get out of his arms.

At one point Derek had paused and his attention went to the door of the house as Emily had approached. "Christina?" She called out before opening the door "Emily, stay inside" Christina yelled but Emily not listening to her stepped onto the porch. Derek's full attention then moved to the other human and he seemed to zero in on her. Releasing Christina he sped over to where Emily was and went to grab her as Paul and Jared lunged at him. Christina watched as the rest of the wolves bolted into the yard to help them out as she ran up on the porch to check on Emily. The yard was full of snarls and growls. Christina and Emily ran inside the house and locked the door.

"Are you okay Em?" Emily nodded but kept her eyes glued to the door. As the snarls began to get quieter as they seemed to get further away both girls began to relax a little. Christina went and sat on the couch while Emily walked to the window "I wonder if I should call Billy and get permission for the Cullen/s to come onto the land." Christina shook her head "Sam and all the elders would have to give the permission, there wouldn't be enough time." Emily nodded "I forgot about that. Well hopefully they are able to push him to the border and then they can all work together." Christina nodded and played with her fingers in her lap as she just hoped everything would be okay.

About ten minutes had passed and they both heard running coming towards the house.   As it got closer it seemed to slow down and then there was laughter and cheering to be heard. Emily went the door and flung it open and ran out to Nick and jumped in his arms. Christina was still too nervous to get up off the couch so she stayed there and looked up as Sam came inside. Tears welled up in her eyes as he ran over to her and picked her up. She cried in his arms as he soothed her saying "It's all over, he's gone."

Christina looked up at Sam "it's all over? Like we can finally relax, you can stay home and sleep now?" He laughed "yes baby, it's all over. We can go back to normal. You can breathe." Christina threw her arms around his neck and clung to him as tight as she could. "Should we call Charlie?" Sam shook his head "Carlisle said he would take care of it, made it look like he died camping after falling into the fire." She looked at him confused "They put some alcohol bottles and such out there. It's taken care of. I promise." Christina just smiled up at him happy to be able to move past this mess and move forward with her life with Sam.