Chapter Two

Charlie pushed open the front door and set her bags inside.
"Are you hungry or anything?" Charlie asked
"No I'm okay, I ate before getting on the plane but thanks"
Charlie nodded and rubbed the back of his neck "okay, so I guess I'll show you where you'll be staying. Bella should be home from school soon, she's been looking forward to you coming out here."
Christina followed Charlie up the stairs "I've missed you both so much so I can't wait to see her also."
Charlie stopped in front of a door at the end of the hall "I hope you don't mind but your room is gonna be up in the attic, it has quite a bit of space up there and I had a couple of boys from the reservation help me put a small bathroom up there."
"Uncle Charlie, you didn't need to do any of that, all I need is a door to close but I really appreciate it."
"We'll you are welcome" Charlie grabbed one of the bags and started up the stairs "Chris, don't worry about that other bag I'll grab it for you."
"I can get it" She tugged it up 3 steps before giving up and saying "okay fine I'll let you get it the rest of the way"
Charlie chuckled as he walked down the stairs "These steps are pretty steep, unfortunately there isn't much we can do about that though."
Christina made her way up the rest of the stairs and looked around. Straight forward from the stairs was her bed with an old green and yellow quilt on top, to the left was a desk with a couple shelves above it, and to the right of her bed was a couple of armchairs and a small tv.
"Wow Uncle Charlie, this looks great, you didn't need to go to this much trouble though"
"Hey you need your own space too, I usually take up the downstairs and most evenings Bella is out with her boyfriend so I figured when you don't want to watch the games you could have your own area." He walked over to an area to the side of the stairs "so over here we have some built in drawers for you and these doors open to some hanging space, if you need more we can get you a separate bar if you want." He walked a little further down to another door "and here is your bathroom" he opened a door to reveal a small room with a sink, toilet and walk in shower, "like i said it's not much but its better than trying to juggle with two other people"
"Honestly I'm surprised that Bella hasn't begged for this room, I know she always wanted her own space"
"Yeah well she's mainly only home to sleep eat and shower then she's either at school or out with her boyfriend"
"You mentioned her boyfriend, how long has that been going on, do we like him?"
Charlie snorted "yes and now, they've been dating for a few months now and he's nice enough but she's my little girl so nobody is good enough for her"
Christina smiled and nodded "do you think that dad would've been like that had he met Derek?"
Charlie inhaled slowly and looked Christina in the eyes " Chris, your dad loved you very much and if he were still here he would've snapped Derek in half the second he hurt you." Charlie pulled Christina into a hug and kissed the top of her head "alright kiddo, I'm gonna let you settle in, if you need anything you know where to find me"
"Thanks Uncle Charlie, love you"
"Love you too Chris"

As Christina started unpacking her suitcases she began to make a mental list of things she needed to do still. She still needed to get a job somewhere although with no college or real experience she wasn't sure if she could find something. She needed to get a vehicle as well as find a good running trail. The one thing she always loved was being able to run when she needed to clear her mind. Hanging up her dresses she also realized she would need to get a few things from the store soon also.

After getting everything put away she sat down in one of the armchairs and looked at the little table sitting between the chairs. On the small round table sat a picture frame with an old picture in it. Christina picked it up to take a closer look and saw her dad, uncle, and herself in the photo. Closing her brown eyes as tears gathered she leaned back and whispered "I sure miss you, dad."