2- The muse and the maiden

Waking up the next day you got dressed in a simple outfit. You had a feeling wearing a nice outfit would serve you no good. Sliding your jacket back on you wandered towards the castle . Looking up in the trees you noticed multiple goat sacrifices. Swallowing nervously you secretly prayed to who ever was listening that you wouldn't end up like them. Snow now was the only sound that accompanied your pounding heart as it had been early morning and no villagers had awoken.

Approaching the edge of the castle gates you stood. Your eyes greedily soaked in the sight of the luxurious castle. Rosa sunsprite roses grew amongst the gate. The yellow spoke to your heart in an artist's way. Kneeling down you reached out to the flower pricking your finger on its hidden thorns. Blood dripping down your hand you admired the rose.

"Why hello there little beauty." You cooed to the flower. Suddenly you noticed a figure exit the castle an averages sized woman in black garb. Blood smeared along her mouth you froze. Two other women followed close behind her in the same clothes. Her eyes dialed in on you as she opened the gate. They all collectively giggled giddily.

"Looks like we got a new plaything! Let's go show her off!" Brandishing their weapons The women pierced your hands with chained sickles. You let out a sharp cry in pain, blood leaking from your palms as the began to drug you inside the castle.

"Oh shut up." One of them seemed to snap at you. Clenching your jaw shut to stop anymore cries of pain you looked around. The castle was indeed beautiful but it, itself was not your muse. Blood slowly rolled down your arm , thick and warm you groaned. You didn't mind the sight of blood but man did it gross you out to some extent. Stopping to a halt you arrived in a large luxurious room.

"Mother ! Mother!" One of the women cheered catching someone's attention. Looking over you saw your muse. A tall tall woman in her mid 40's who wore a satin gown, black gloves, a black wide brimmed hat, and a gorgeous pearl necklace that accentuated her...larger assets. You immediately look away out of respect. Their mother turned, her blood red lips in a tight frown.

"Yes Cassandra?"

"We have a new plaything!" The younger one cheered giddily with juvenile delight. The tall brunette looked you up and down in animalistic intrigue. Her yellow eyes bore into you. Your face seemingly set ablaze. Not out of shyness but embarrassed to be seen in this bloodied state. With long strides she approached you and grabbed your hand. She began lapping up your spilled blood. Humming in delight she looked directly into your eyes. W-what is she?! You thought to yourself, your mind racing unsure of your situation.

"Tell me woman, what brings you to my residence?" You swallowed your nervousness and spoke composed.

"I was looking for a new muse for my current book and this castle seemed to call to me. I realize I'm intruding but I'm willing to work here as a maiden as long as I can have you as a muse M'lady." You spoke as suave as you could infront of such a large and dangerous woman. She laughed loud covering her sharp smile with a hand politely.

"A muse you say!  My, my how intriguing."
She waved off her daughter's. "Daughters! Release this woman. She shall work with the grounds keep and other maidens." With a grumble the women removed the sickles from your hands leaving the room bitterly. Leaning in Dimitrescu growled her next words. "One wrong step and you'll be joining the others. Got it?" You nodded silently and obediently. "Good now go gather your things and be back by 5am sharp. The other maidens will show you your room.  You will address me as M'lady or Mistress Dimitrescu from now on."  You nodded once more.

"Yes Mistress."

"Good, you may be excused." Hurriedly you rushed out the castle collecting your things and money that had not been used for your stay yet. Trekking back to the castle grounds you checked the time. 4:45 Am. Good I'm early.  Entering back inside the head maiden showed you your small room. A small maids dress rested laid on your bed. It was similar to that of a French maids dress but longer. Getting dressed you looked to your nightstand and saw a note.

' Y/n your duties for the rest of the days here you will join the grounds keep in attending our vast botanical gardens and near 7pm you will help the others maid prepare supper. You will occasionally you'll be given extra chores. Signed, Lady Dimitrescu ~'
You smiled you at least had a job now. And your muse was gorgeous. Straightening your dress you went out to the garden to meet the grounds keep. She was an elderly woman with many wrinkles but kind nonetheless.

"Ah you must be the new maiden. Come you will help me plant the begonias and coriander." Nodding you followed suit to the main flower garden. Digging individual holes for each plant you placed them in, the earth felt nice and cool between your fingers which you enjoyed. Even though the dirt managed to get into your wounds no doubt infecting it.

"You shouldn't have come here." The old woman leaned in and muttered close to your ear. You laughed nervously at her warning.

"I'm aware, but I'm not going back now." You grinned determined planting the next set of begonias. The groundskeeper merely shook her head discouraged. This continued on till the late hours of the night approaching 11pm. You retired to your room. Changing into your only set of pajamas you collapse onto your simple bed and let sleep consume you.