Chapter 9 - The Text

"Hi, Özgür. It's me, Derin. Long time no see. :) I need to talk to you."

Özgür looked at the message in disbelief. He barely registered the door of the elevator opening for him and followed Tesla out as if on autopilot. Derin. It's been seven years since he had last seen her face to face. Five since he last checked up on her on-line. It took him a while to get over her... over them. He opened the door, let Tesla in and still looking at his phone sat on the couch. What could she possibly want after all those years? There was nothing left to say. Özgür rubbed his face with one hand and sighed. The noises in the bathroom brought him back to reality. Ezgi was obviously still awake, so he closed the messenger app and went to find her. He was just about to knock on the bathroom door, when a moan stopped him. He knew this moan. What the hell? Only he was allowed to make her moan like that. Unless... Özgür smirked, opened the door and leaned on the door frame with his hands crossed on his chest.

Ezgi felt a cold breeze on her back and instinctively turned around. Her fiancé was watching her like a hawk, with a smirk on his face. The waves of pleasure she's been riding stopped, as if frozen in time.
- Busted, sevgilim.
- The door was closed - she said, putting the shower head back in its holder. The blush on her cheeks deepened.
- I know, but I heard you having fun and got curious. - Özgür grabbed the big towel and walked up to Ezgi. He wrapped her tightly in it and turned her to face the mirror. They stood for a moment, looking at their reflection. Finally he leaned in and whispered in her ear. - You know, you can have the real thing instead of the shower head.
- Yeah?
- All you have to do... - he nibbled at her ear as his hands slipped under the towel. - Is say three little words.
- And what are they? - Ezgi swallowed heavily.
- I. Give. Up. - He accentuated each word with a kiss on her shoulder.
- Never. - Her voice was weak.
- Come on, you know you want to. - Özgür started swaying his hips and in the mirror Ezgi noticed a look of pure desire on his face. He wanted to have her and he wanted to win the bet, to have the cookie and to eat it. Feeling her resolve slipping she did the only thing that came to her mind, reached behind and grabbed him tightly through his jeans.
- I want to. And you want to. - She slid her hand up and down a couple of times and her fiancé clenched his teeth. - But I won't. I'm good with my shower head for now. Besides... - she smirked - ...you've been doing the same, so sus. - She removed her hand and Özgür whined.
- At least tell me you're thinking about me, like I'm always thinking about you.
Ezgi lifted her hand, pretended to lock her mouth and throw away the key. There would be no spilling secrets here, she thought. But then Özgür pinched her sides and began the Tickle Torture.
- Stop! Özgür! - She laughed and cried and screamed a little, but he wouldn't stop. - Tamam, I'll tell you! ­­- She had no choice but to give up. Özgür let her go and watched as she took a couple of steps back.
- Speak, woman.
- I do think of you when I'm with the shower head.
- Good... - Özgür nodded, failing to notice Ezgi slowly moved to stand by the door.
- And about Can Divit. - She added hastily. - Have you seen his hair?! - She groaned, biting her fist and then immediately escaped from the bathroom.
Özgür stood there frozen, trying to find the words. It took him a moment, but he finally snapped out of the shock and followed Ezgi.
- He's not real! - He called after her and then, under his breath added. - And his man-bun is stupid.

- So, what does she want? - Ozan kept chopping carrots, all the while looking carefully at his best friend. The kitchen was as always bursting with life, his team tried their hardest to stay on top of it all. Ozan learned to tune out the chaos and focus on the dish he was preparing.
- No idea. I didn't text her back.
- Will you?
Özgür shrugged. He grabbed a carrot, for which Ozan shook his knife at him, and bit into it. It crunched pleasantly as only the freshest ones do. Will he text back his ex-girlfriend?
- I don't know. It's been seven years. What could she possibly want from me now? Especially after... - Özgür fell silent and just shook his head.
- After she left without a word when you told her you want more? - Ozan finished his friend's thought, threw the carrots into the pan, mixed them and grabbed an onion. - Aren't you curious?
- On the one hand I am, on the other I just want to block her number and forget this ever happened.
- Have you told Ezgi?
- Nah, she's got enough on her mind. She and Deniz went dress shopping today. If you had seen what her mother wanted her to wear... - He shook his head and smiled.
- That bad?
- Worse. Neyse, I'm going back to work, too. - Özgür grabbed another carrot and left Ozan to cry alone over another onion.