Chapter 12

Yaku looked confused "Wait what?" he questioned, furrowing his eyebrows

"You heard me" He said tenderly, a ping of sadness in his tone "Ill let you go, if you want

"Arent you afraid that I'll tell people? show them where you are?"

Lev thought for a moment before subtly shaking his head "Not anymore. You're miserable here anyways."

Yaku rolled his eyes a little before grabbing Lev by his shirt collar, pulling him down, their faces only inches apart. "Now, when did I say that?"

Lev's face quickly turned red, yet he gently pushed yaku back against the door "Youve been distant, I thought that was sign enough"

"Clearly you thought wrong."

There was a low growl from a cirner of the room, soon followed by a familiar voice "well, well, well. Guess the weak ones do fall faster" Kuroo took long slow strides towards the two "What a shame it has to end so...sweetly" A grin crossed over his lips.

Yaku let go of Levs shirt, Lev backed away just a step "What do you want, Kuroo?" Lev asked, sounding annoyed.

"You know what I want Lev. And i am willing to kill for him."

Lev sighed "Isnt that his choice to make?"

"Not if an alphas bloodline goes extinct." He grabbed yaku by the arm, his hands calloused and rough, but his touch remained gentle.

"Woah, slow down, someone wanna explain to me what the hell is going on here?" Yaku questioned, removing Kuroos hand from his skin

The two taller males exchanged glances, then Lev spoke in a tender, almsot soothing tone

"You see, werewolves, like kuroo, are assigned mates at birth. They figure it out by how they feel around them, and the scent their mate gives of. And while its usually with another wolf, this time its him with you. And on the contrary, Vampires, such as myself, tend to have destined lovers. Ones that not only make us stronger, but also help us with more, human like emotions. and again, usually with another vampire, mine is also with you."

Yaku looked between them, just confused "This is some sort of sick joke." He shook his head walking past the two and through the hall, both of them following him.

"what could possibly be funny about this?" Kuroos vocie rang through the halls, each man just a couple steps behind him.

"I dont fucking know" Yaku said in anger as he kept walking, coming quickly upon the two, large oak doors that lead outside.

As his hand went to pull on the handle he was lifted

"What the hell?!! Put me down you son if a bitch!!" He shouted. It was lev who had lifted him.

Tears pricked at Yakus eyes. Was he really just being used for power or to make sure a bloodline stays secure?

He attempted restlessly to pry the hands away from his skin.

Kuroo stepped in dront of the boy

"Come now, Chibi-Chan, dont make this difficult. All you need to do, is choose correctly. And that would be choosing me, but no pressure" he had a mocking grin.

"The hell I will!" Yaku snapped, continuing to struggle relentlessly.

Lev held him a bit tighter, then whsipered to him "Hey, its alright. no ones going to hurt you Yaku. We can givr you one week, we eill both spend time with you and you can pick whoever youd like after, with no hard feelings"

"Im not playing part in your stupid game!! Put me down!!" Yaku then bit Levs hand harshly. A taste of a warm and metallic liquid on his tongue and he pulled away. The bite had made Lev drop the boy. And he immediatky bolted for the door, opening it and running out. He made it as far to the edge of the woods before he stopped, the world fading to pitch black. The last thing he heard was simply

"So Naive."