Chapter 3

"YOU DID WHAT-???" 

"Hey, sshh, I didn't take that much, just enough to know what it tastes like, I tasted it and knew, shorty, we were meant to be together. We have a bond whether you feel it or not. It's there, if you get killed I would be destroyed, shattered. And if I die, you'll break as well..You see, we will feel each others pain, once the bond is truly complete we can see into each others mind, or even figure out where we are."

Yaku stared in shock

"And if you leave, I might even go on a rampage.."

Yaku looked down, "so..I can't leave..ever?"

Lev shook his head "sorry, but it's best for both of us."

Yaku sighed "I'm Yaku by the way"

Lev gave a smile "My name is Lev"

Yaku nodded and sat on the floor beside Lev, his mind wandering. He began to wonder if he would ever see his family and friends again, along with the main thing he was confused about. How could he, a simple human be mated with Lev, who claims to be a vampire king? He let his thoughts overtake him, drowning everything else out.

Lev looked at Yaku, noticing tears on his face, Lev sat beside Yaku, holding him closely, rubbing his back

"hey, It'll all be alright, I promise"

Yaku then snapped back to reality and nodded, wiping his face with his hands. Lev kissed the top of his head, not letting him go.

"A-are you sure everything will be alright?" Yaku asked, looking up at Lev.

Lev nodded "of course. I will never let anything or anyone hurt you, for as long as I live."

Yaku gave a small nod and flinched as he heard a crash outside of the room. Lev let go of Yaku and stood up "stay here, try to hide. got it?" 

Yaku nodded as Lev unlocked the door and locked it once more. Yaku bean to climb the bed frame, he then climbed over to a high shelf, hiding himself. Lev rushed out to find Kuroo, a werewolf and one of Yaku's friends along with captain. Lev looked at him.

"what are you doing here? we have finished our agreement, sworn not to go to each others territory, yet here you are." Lev said slowly

"Where is Yaku"

"well, straight to business I see?"

"I won't ask again"

"He's been paired with me for life. His being is no longer on your hands, he is no longer your concern"

"So you would take a mate from someone, because he can give you..power?"

"why would I use him like that?"

Kuroo thought for a moment "Because, nothing is ever good enough for you"