Chapter 3: Introductions

Not again, he couldn't be doing this again, saying goodbye to another one of his friends...

He tried so hard to ensure it would never happen, and look where it got him...

3rd Person

The silent hum of the engine was all that kept the three company, Shota had his hands firmly gripped onto the steering wheel. His eyes on the road and on the rearview-mirror, he tried to focus on the road ahead, but couldn't help but sneak a few glances at Izuku.

The small boy had a green backpack he was rummaging through, he was searching it for something, but couldn't seem to find it.

Tensei sat in the back with him and had offered to help him, Izuku declined his offer politely and said, "It's not here anyways."

Both adults wondered what he was trying to find, but they thought it best not to pry any further and let him be for now. Taking a right turn at an intersection, Shota could see his house just down the street.

"Kid, we're almost there now, are you ready to see your new home?" Shota asked that question almost eagerly.

Izuku looked up from his open bag and simply nodded a few times with a 'o' expression on his face, Tensei told Shota he might head out soon after they arrive.

"There's been a situation that needs my help down in Hosu, I'm off work today but I need to be back tomorrow. I'll stay 'till dinner then head out, will you be alright after that?"

Shota sighed but gave him a tired, "Yes", which made Tensei chuckle a little, he reassured his friend he'd be alright without him to help. It didn't make him feel any better, but he certainly tried to see how it could be. The thought was impossible for Shota to imagine and he let out another sigh of pain.

Several minutes later when they had parked outside on the driveway, Izuku stood behind Shota as he fumbled with the keys to his door.

"Goddamn... Why do they make these so fuc-", he stopped himself from continuing as he remembered there was a child. He'd have to work on his swearing problem soon, else he'll become a terrible influence on Izuku.
But he knew that was highly likely...

The door swung open and a pleasant smell immediately struck them, it was a very strong and overpowering scent, very fishy.

Shota could already tell the 2 morons had began cooking up a meal, he was slightly irked that they used his kitchen without asking for his permission. But at the same time he was glad he came home to a meal that wasn't instant noodles and coffee.

Hizashi and Nemuri knew how to cook actual food, unlike Shota who hadn't had time to learn how to properly cook due to being an underground Hero. The 3 removed their shoes and walked into the inner part of the house, there they saw a small feast prepared for them all. The table was set with 4 bowls of rice with fried pork on top, a smaller bowl of broth beside it with small pieces of green onions and slices of egg.

'Ah, some katsudon for dinner, I haven't had that in a while." Shota thought.

Nemuri appeared from out his pantry wearing a pink apron that said 'F♡ck the Chef' on the front of it, Mic followed behind wearing a white apron that said 'Kiss the Chef!"

They hadn't noticed them walk in until Shota cleared his throat, he immediately shot a glare at Midnight who was boiling more eggs.